Scott Thompson To Resign, Ross Levinsohn New CEO Of Yahoo!

Yahoo! Inc. has been a troubled company for many years now. All the major news we've been covering about Yahoo is either about product retirements or layoffs. Scott Thompson became the CEO of Yahoo! Inc. in January this year and was recently in the news for 'mistakingly' mentioning a degree in Computer Science. It looks like Scott Thompson will now leave the company. Yahoo is likely to call his departure as 'based on personal reasons'. According to All Things D, the new CEO will be Ross Livingsohn; who currently heads Yahoo's Global Media. Yahoo board is expected to meet in the next few hours to decide and finalize the transition.

For me, it's really sad to see once the market leader go down this way. Yahoo was all good and one of the promising company that its founders built. It looks unlikely, but I sincerely hope that Yahoo rises from the ashes like Phoenix.

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    ...that brings me to the question: Is Scott Thompson paying a very high price for making a mistake on his resume? Or is the media just too hard on him?

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hello everyone, I want to build a use case diagram of a complex system (by complex system I mean a system that has many subsystems). The subsystems are providing services...
Depends, where you are spending it. What you say .. Are you going to try it?😀
Today our CEan-@xheavenlyx aka Varun is celebrating his birthday. Wishing you many many happy returns of the day Varun.
Phone call, SMS and alarm clock are the three most frequent uses of mobile. I was looking for an awesome free alarm clock app for my android phone and discovered...
what are the functions of head regulator ,cross regulator