scope of testing as from fresher level

what is the scope of testing as a beginning from fresher level?

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Are you asking about career in software testing?
  • Gurjeet Singh
    Gurjeet Singh
    yes,like if someone is assigned to testing part so hows the growth can be ?
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    There's growth in every career and the answer lies in what you expect from your career. There's lot of learning in quality engineering including manual, automation, serverside testing et al.

If you have specific questions, do let me know. I"ll be happy to answer them.
  • Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Saandeep Sreerambatla
    cooldudeiet
    yes,like if someone is assigned to testing part so hows the growth can be ?

Post your questions!

I am into Software testing from fresher level , growth will be same as it is for developer!

There will be no much difference, Yeah when I was given a tester role in the beginning of my career I too felt bad for a few days , but after learning the flavor of it, I am loving it ๐Ÿ˜€
  • Gurjeet Singh
    Gurjeet Singh
    English-Scared
    Post your questions!

I am into Software testing from fresher level , growth will be same as it is for developer!

There will be no much difference, Yeah when I was given a tester role in the beginning of my career I too felt bad for a few days , but after learning the flavor of it, I am loving it ๐Ÿ˜€
    yeah same as with me ,i am assigned to a testing project in which i have to work in QC.so how can i learn well and make my career ?
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    PS: I worked as a QA engineer too. ๐Ÿ˜€
  • Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Right now you can do these things!

If you are a tester , you should have complete knowledge of the application you are working on!

You should concentrate on the functionality aligning it with the business!
    Where-as the mail goal of the developer is to make the application function our responsibility involves in aligning it with the business perspective of the project!

Next , if your project has only Manual testing, then check whether there is any feasibility of automation, if yes then work on it!
    You have to learn the testing methodology which is followed in your project.

If you are into Automation then its fine you can learn the framework!

Next using QC - QC is a defect management tool..
    learning it is very easy , how to upload things, how to check the defect status etc..

The best part I can say is extracting and learning about the different kinds of reports which can be generated through QC.

You can also learn QC Administration, i.e., giving specific rights to specific people, adding elements etc..

let me know if you any questions on these things..
  • Gurjeet Singh
    Gurjeet Singh
    right now as i know my work is only manual testing and SIT is done by another team then again it will come to me for QA, please elaborate more this point?(Next , if your project has only Manual testing, then check whether there is any feasibility of automation, if yes then work on it!
    You have to learn the testing methodology which is followed in your project.)
  • Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Saandeep Sreerambatla
    You have to learn which process you are following in your project.

Whether is it water fall model or Agile methodology kind of stuff.

Automaition Feasibility:

Check with your lead about availability of any of the testing tool in your organization, there are many testing tools available!
    If you have any tool you need to check whether your applcation is feasible for automation or not.

This is another big topic the feasibility ,it calculates the ROI etc..
  • Gurjeet Singh
    Gurjeet Singh
    Thanks i will clarify,and actually i m novice so i don't know exactly all these tool ,like i have heard some -winrunner,QTP,load-runner.i have joined before 3 or 4 days and right now i am studding documents and based on that i have to made test cases.
  • Gurjeet Singh
    Gurjeet Singh
    SO ES from starting should i emphasize on manual testing to understand well?
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    cooldudeiet
    SO ES from starting should i emphasize on manual testing to understand well?
    Manual testing is what you begin with until you begin appreciating the importance of regression testing.

Automation, then, comes into picture ๐Ÿ˜€
  • Gurjeet Singh
    Gurjeet Singh
    thanks biggie..so will the HP QC tutorial guide is sufficient .or you know any other good book as a beginner? and apart from that what i need else for learning well?
  • Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Sorry , I didnt check this thread!!
    HP QC guide is for learning about QC , the quality center tool.
    Not Manual Testing but the functionality you have to concentrate upon!
    If you are going through the documents and writing test cases then you should have got a bit of knowledge on the functionality!

The tutorials are for learning the functionality of the tool.
  • Gurjeet Singh
    Gurjeet Singh
    Thanks ES ...its ok ..now i have more hands on my project ..i am still in manual as there is not automation in this project ..but will try to learn by my ownself..is there any good book for QTP?
  • Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Saandeep Sreerambatla
    The QTP help file is the best resource to learn QTP!
    And Practicing it is also important ๐Ÿ˜€
  • Gurjeet Singh
    Gurjeet Singh
    thanks for the suggestion ๐Ÿ˜€
  • Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Saandeep Sreerambatla
    There are books coming up on QTP now , one by Tarun it is a high level book not a good one for new-bie's!
    The help file will help in learning the basics well.
    Practice with a small application the flight application which comes along with the tool installation it helps.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

I want to get sms alert for every mail, I used way2sms with gmail forwarding feature. way2sms is full of ads that are frustrating and damn slow, I stopped the...
Hello friend i have learned something new and i would like to share it with you. Few children came to my home last week and they began to surf my...
I would like to share my views with the friends . I use fire fox as my web browser. Earlier days i was a fan of IE. But day by...
hey i need to add a propeller to my vehicle any suggestions how to go about it?๐Ÿ˜•
hello friends i want to design a SIX stroke engine. So i want your help. i wanna know the problems in fabricating engine for moving vechile.