CrazyEngineers Archive
Old, but evergreen and popular discussions on CrazyEngineers, presented to you in read-only mode.
@k ashok • 03 Jul, 2015
Hi all,
What would be the scope for mainframe development in future.Is it a good idea to start career as a mainframe developer in a mnc?
@msarts • 04 Jul, 2015 Mainframe is a old technology, still used heavily by many companies. The market will still exist and will continue to do so for at least 10 years. No need to worry about the technology part.So you can continue your carrer in this.
@ram_149955 • 05 Jul, 2015 Market will be there but not as much as other technologies..It is good to keep yourself updated with latest technologies. Many of my friends who started as mainframe developers 8 yrs ago started moving to other technologies..
@Kaustubh Katdare • 05 Jul, 2015 Right, as @ram_149955 said, the legacy systems will continue to run on mainframes for some time; but sooner or later the systems will be transitioned. It's better to pick up a new technology if you are just starting.

Related Posts

@elektrolikit · Jul 16, 2009

hi, This is my DTMF decoding code for 7 number random dtmf signal. What is Dtmf? Dual-tone multi-frequency (DTMF) signaling is used for telecommunication signaling over analog telephone lines in...

@shalini_goel14 · Jun 8, 2009

Hi all dear CS/IT engineering students, Are you all looking for a ready made project but don't know where to get it and how hmm. No need to worry, I...

@Shivamkr · Sep 11, 2014

hi friends... i am learning php development, so what topics are most useful for development in php?

@aparnakansal · Jan 12, 2010

hi everyone, please tell me what are the advantages of using mosfet amplifier as compared to a linear amplifier in a practical electronics circuit. regards, aparna

@Akhil Vijay · Sep 9, 2015

Can anyone please let me know the difference between stdio.h & conio.h and where & when these header files should be used?