ScanCorner - Startup Review

ScanCorner aims to solve the problem faced by many people who have the 'hard copies' of their photographs and want to convert them into high quality digital images. The startup helps you convert all your photographs into digital format and helps you share them with your loved ones.

This Hyderabad based startup claims to reach about 400 cities in India through its pick-up and deliver service for digital photographs. The company will arrange for pickup of your photos at your doorstep and also deliver the digital photos on a DVD along with the originals.

About the founders:

As is with any revolutionary startup firm, ScanCorner is born out of a need felt by one of our partners Eric Schreider to scan old photoslides of his god mother in Switzerland. He was looking for a good quality and affordable scanning service and found that most of the service providers charged phenomenal rates. Then, he felt that perhaps there are many others like him who needed such services. He had a momentary discussion with his classmate Raja Upputuri and they both decided to set up a high quality scanning facility in India to service customers in Switzerland and soon they roped in their MBA senior Raghuram KS to join in their enthusiastic venture. A fourth partner, Toni Casas, soon joined to develop Spanish market.

Now, ScanCorner has invested in the best quality scanning hardware and software and have a dedicated team of media technicians and restoration engineers to offer you the best scanning output in the industry. Currently, ScanCorner services clients in India, Switzerland and Spain.
How the service works:

1. Get an account on the company's official website.
2. Place an order: If the pickup place is within company's reach, the company will arrange for pickup. Otherwise, you have to pack the photos in a cardboard box and courier it to the company.
3. The company will then digitize all the photos and upload them to a secure gallery on the website.
4. The company will also send all the originals and DVD of your photos to your original address.

Costs:
1. Rs. 9 per scan for printed photos (upto 11"x8"), 35 mm colour negative and slides.
2. Rs. 14 for per scan Black & White negatives and all other formats.

Company's Official Address & Contact:

Kriya Media Solutions Pvt. Limited
IACG , Nandini Complex, 3rd floor
Beside Vijaya Diagnostic center ,
Dilsukhnagar, Hyderabad-500036,
INDIA
Ph: +91 40 6663 8992
Mob: +91 95022 81460

I believe this startup has a lot of potential as many people want to share their old photos on social networking websites. Home scanning may not be an optimal choice for retaining the photo-scanning, however sophisticated hi-resolution scanners can do a wonderful job, I think that is the USP of this company.

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

hi guys' can we test a 555 timer ic using cro,probes and function generator? if so ,how?
hi, anyone who can give me the IS code 2116 - 1980. its very urgent pls
hey can anyone help me in using java 3-d...I am already using java1.6 ... even after installation I am not able to use it..what next after installation??how to use it...
Hello to all. I am new here. This is my first post to this forum. I want to develop one website. I am searching for the "good topic" which should...
CE , our forum is something making some changes in the mind set of many people! Here we ask them to think out of box , do things on their...