Save Electricity-IIT pair show how - BijliBachao.in

Manisha and Abhishek Jain, an IIT pair, have taken the initiative to show the consumer how they can save power and help conserve the eco system.

They have put together an interesting site #-Link-Snipped-# with hundreds of tips. Users can contribute with their own suggestions. There is an online calculator that calculates your electricity bill, showing where your consumption is going.

I am sure that CEans can do a lot in this area.

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    That's indeed a great initiative. If Manisha / Abhishek is reading this thread, we'd like to hear from you, guys 😀 .

It also reminds me of one of the first ever Small Talks - Brian Huyser of '#-Link-Snipped-#' initiative. Brian's initiative aimed at replacing over a billion regular bulbs with the CFLs. We had participated in the initiative and the overall response from CEans was great.
  • Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    Almost all lights at my house are either fluorescent or CFL. New ones are only CFL.
    I have sent an invite to Bijli Bachao to visit CE and interact.
  • abhishek.jain203
    abhishek.jain203
    Hello Everyone,

Thanks for the invite. We are glad that you have liked Bijli Bachao. It is our desire to be a part of the global initiative to prevent climate change and also help India towards sustainable development. Bijli Bachao is a contribution from our side. We felt that there is need to help people understand energy efficiency and conservation and thus we started the initiative. To start with we have started putting some articles and softwares to help people understand appliances and their energy consumption. We have many ideas in our minds which we plan to execute as part of this initiative. I think CE is a great platform where we can get brilliant inputs from so many bright minds. And we will be very happy to hear from all of you.

Regards,
    Abhishek
  • Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    An update.
    Over the next 12 months China and India will invest the most in energy efficiency and renewable energies.
    #-Link-Snipped-#
  • Jeffrey Arulraj
    Jeffrey Arulraj
    Power Saving never has been given a prime importance till very recently

But the most Gruelling importance is the need of an hour in developing nations so it is better they invest now or never

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

what are recommended courses for electrical designing engineering after Btech-EEE
i want to buy a assembled desktop, please let me know a good configuration under 19 k
The UAE is known for their brave, bold, super-tall, innovative, out of the world construction projects and I'd call the place as the construction heaven on the earth. Taj Arabia...
pls ...suggest the technical course regarding the water treatemen , oil and gas
i'm owais nizamani student of B.E chemical engg. studying in second year, forth semster. studeid at mehran UET , jamshoro , pakistan.