Samsung Smartwatch Likely To Support Payments Via Samsung Pay

Samsung's next version of Samsung Gear is likely to support mobile payments through their recently announced service called 'Samsung Pay'. The report from South Korea newspapers hints at Samsung planning to include NFC (Near Field Communication) technology in their smartwatches; likely to be announced later this year. All you will have to do is bring your smartwatch nearer to the NFC enabled PoS machine at the store and your payment will be through.

Samsung announced the Samsung Pay service back in March for the US and Korea. The service is likely to expand to other countries after the official launch with their select banking and credit card partners like MasterCard and Visa.

The bigger problem, Samsung acknowledged at the time of launch of Samsung Pay was about the global adoption of the NFC technology. Samsung said that they are fixing that problem with the inclusion of new technology called Google Pay Transaction Fee Is $0.00; For Apple Pay: 0.15% (Magnetic Secure Transmission). The MST technology allows Samsung Pay to work even with the non-NFC PoS machines (the regular card swiping machines). It's not clear whether the MST technology will make it to the Samsung Smartwatches.

Samsung-Smartwatch-Samsung-Pay-NFC

The mobile-based payment wars are eminent in the industry. Similar payment services were announced by Apple (Apple Pay) and Google (Google Pay). While Apple will charge 0.15% on the overall transaction value, Google and Samsung have confirmed that there won't be any transaction fee for their services.

We do not have any information on whether Samsung Pay on Smartwatches will work independently or need the watch to be paired with your smartphone. We are keeping eye on the developments. Stay tuned.

Source: #-Link-Snipped-#

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

There are several online test management tools available on the Internet but I'm looking for recommendations. I'd really love if you could make suggestions about the software you're using or...
I'm looking for selenium tutorials for beginners. I've been thinking of using selenium to automate few of the smoke tests we're currently developing for upcoming features on CrazyEngineers. I'm okay...
Name: Suresh Masabattula *Engineering Trade: Mechanical Engineering Location: Vellore, Tamil Nadu *Occupation: Engineer/Gates & Dampers BHEL Ranipet Work Experience: Engineer, LP Division, TVS Wheels India ltd., Chennai *Hobbies & Interests:...
Apple will begin the live telecast of WWDC 2015 and all the users of iPhone, iMac, Macbook will be able to view it directly from the browser. If you do...
Facebook has become the de facto social network that connects people virtually. No wonder everyone wants to know who's visited their profile, who's reading your posts and viewing photos. People...