Samsung S6 & S6 Edge Are Getting Android 6 Marshmallow In India

Samsung S6 and S6 Edge phones are finally getting the much awaited Android 6 Marshmallow firmware upgrade in India. All the owners were getting frustrated at the slow rollout of the new android; but Samsung didn't respond. It looks like the entire upgrade rollout policy Samsung has is quite fishy.

I mean, look at the timing - Samsung's latest phones S7 and S7 Edge are being made available in India and Samsung's rolling out the new firmware for the older phones.

It's likely that you may not see the notification yet. Those who are new to Samsung phones may quickly check out the software update section in your phone's settings menu. You might as well connect your phone to your computer and load Smart Switch to check if you've received the upgrade notification.

The Marshmallow upgrade is about 1.12 GB in size and thanks to the slow servers that the download takes quite some time even on faster Internet connection speeds. I've upgraded my phone to the latest firmware and exploring all the new features. Liking the new UI so far. Do share your experience.

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hi, I completed my engineering in Electrical and Engineering . I have started applying for jobs,I am all focused about getting a career in core industries . Can you please...
Project Abstract / Summary : In recent years, power crisis plays important role in the development of country. The power can be generated in many ways such as wind, thermal,...
Just received a very authentic looking email from google@google.accounts.com - and the email says - Hi XXXX Your mobile application is constantly sending shutdown request to us about your account....
I'm looking to buy a 2 + Ton split AC in India and wondering if there are any recommendations. My own research is very limited and have decided to go...
Project Abstract / Summary : As the cloud computing technology develops during the last decade, outsourcing data to cloud service for storage becomes an attractive trend, which benefits in sparing...