Samsung Galaxy S3 Price In India Is Too High, I Think!

Samsung Galaxy S3 was recently launched and the company has promised to launch the phone in India next month. The official price of S3 will be Rs. 38000, which is 'too high' in my opinion. I think Samsung is trying hard to compete with the recently launched HTC One X, which is expected to cost about the same in India.

Looking at the features set, I paying anything over Rs. 30k or max. 32k would be foolish. At the same time, I expect the price of Samsung Galaxy SII to come down to under Rs. 25000. If anyone wants to buy a new android phone around that budget range, I'd recommend opting for S2 over S3. What do you think?

Replies

• Anoop Kumar
    Anoop Kumar
    The_Big_K
    I paying anything over Rs. 30k or max. 32k would be foolish. At the same time, I expect the price of Samsung Galaxy SII to come down to under Rs. 25000.
    Keeping my eye on thisโ˜•
  • Gurjap
    Gurjap
    I'd actually buy a Sony Xperia and leave Sammy and HTC alone ๐Ÿ˜›. No, honestly, I think they are both overpriced. And then there's the iPhone 4GS, which is still the best smartphone around, the androidhead renegades nonwithstanding.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    I'm even thinking smartphones are useless. Make your life worse. I'd just want a phone that just lets me speak to the caller in a clear voice.
  • Gurjap
    Gurjap
    Nokia 1100 is just the thing you want dude..... use a rubber band to attach it to your iPod's back, and you got an iPhone with better functionality ๐Ÿ˜›
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    Gurjap
    Nokia 1100 is just the thing you want dude..... use a rubber band to attach it to your iPod's back, and you got an iPhone with better functionality ๐Ÿ˜›
    ๐Ÿ˜ That made me laugh. Almost all the technology being developed today is about getting two or more existing devices and combining them all into one stand-alone device that connects with everything that you can think of. ๐Ÿ˜
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Here's just a question: Out of Samsung Galaxy S3 and Galaxy S2, which phone do you think looks better? I think it's the S2. Didn't like the 'pebble' like look of the S3. What say you?
  • durga ch
    durga ch
    for a reason, I never believed in Samsung phones , though I am not a apple fanboy , I feel Samsung is a perfect rip off of Apple phones , Yes agreed they came up with Super Almoed screen, but Apple too came up with Retina display and the current lot of smart phones are only following Apple on the suite . Also, Samsung business startergy as I see ,is to produce as many permutations and combinations of feaures as it can and release them in market :-s .
    Nevertheless, 38K for phone ? - I wont buy , even for it has bestest of features
  • Anoop Kumar
    Anoop Kumar
    The_Big_K
    Here's just a question: Out of Samsung Galaxy S3 and Galaxy S2, which phone do you think looks better? I think it's the S2. Didn't like the 'pebble' like look of the S3. What say you?
    Got S2 yesterday๐Ÿ˜€.
    It just fits in pocket and I suppose anything bigger than 4.3" and its dimension would cause trouble in handling. (specially while driving bike ๐Ÿ˜› ).
    I looked for side by side comparison with HTC one x too, and it was feeling big for me. It has 4.7" screen while galaxy s3 will land with 4.8" screen๐Ÿ‘€.
  • Anoop Kumar
    Anoop Kumar
    The_Big_K
    Got S2 yesterday๐Ÿ˜€.
    It just fits in pocket and I suppose anything bigger than 4.3" and its dimension would cause trouble in handling. (specially while driving bike ๐Ÿ˜› ).
    I looked for side by side comparison with HTC one x too, and it was feeling big for me. It has 4.7" screen while galaxy s3 will lands on the Earth with 4.8" screen๐Ÿ‘€.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    #-Link-Snipped-#: Galaxy Note has 5.3" screen ๐Ÿ˜ฒ and I'm already comfortable using it.
  • Anoop Kumar
    Anoop Kumar
    If i will use Galaxy Note, 5.3". I have to buy custom made jeans with big pocket ๐Ÿ˜จ to fit and a car also .
    I think you use Note for your, all in one office+phone stuffs, That's why it suites you better.
    I have tested the note also.It is not for me.
    Let's see galaxy S3 will be blast as galaxy s2 or not โ˜•.
  • Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Saandeep Sreerambatla
    I am using Nokia 101, the cheapest phone from Nokia which servers the purpose.

I loved S2 though, but I will never use it as long as I am working in my present company.

S3 is really over priced, Iphone4S is better ๐Ÿ˜€
  • Deepak Sewani
    Deepak Sewani
    For your information, Even though the screen size of Galaxy S3 is much bigger than S2, the phone is just slightly bigger than S2, thats what I love about S3 and it is much fast and has many great features. S2 is outdated already and within a couple of months it will be considered as an average phone in competition to S3 and One X ๐Ÿ˜
  • Deepak Gopalakrishnan
    Deepak Gopalakrishnan
    Here is where I feel I must add a bit of marketing funda ;-)

The price of the SGSIII, 38k as people say, is no doubt, freakishly expensive for a phone. But nowadays, it's become more than a phone. It's actually redundant to use the word 'phone', a functionality which serves perhaps 10% of the actual usage, maybe even less. It's our mobile internet device and portable music and gaming tool too. Oh, and camera too. Now for ALL these features put together, if I'm going to use all these features, I wouldn't mind 38k.

Keep in mind also, a person looking to buy a smartphone at this price is likely to be selling off his old one so his net outlay is likely to be in the region of 25-30k.

Now, coming to pricing.

Electronics companies, especially those with 'awaited' followings will always price products higher because they know a large bunch of people - early adopters - will latch onto it. Price is not the problem for them. Later, they will obviously drop the price (say when the SIV comes out). Just like a lot of us are anticipating that the SII price will drop now, and pick it up.

The late adopters are not concerned about needing the latest gadget etc etc and will wait for price to drop.

It's a win-win-win for company-early adopters-late adopters, really.

I don't know about the SIII yet, but all reviews I've read of the HTC One X are all extremely positive - calling it the best Android phone out there at the moment. This should be fun.

Wonder what the SIV will have for us. Perhaps... Octa-core, variable screen length, 5x optical zoom, Cowon audio chip, 1 TB micro-hard-disk, 8 GB RAM ๐Ÿ˜›

And apparently, we use this device to call people ๐Ÿ˜

Chuck
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Given the manufacturing costs, selling electronic products is 99% of the times a win-win situation. But there are famous exceptions. Sony for example, continues to make losses on PS3 consoles and profits on PS2.

Among One X and S3 people are showering more love on HTC; maybe because they had more expectations from S3!

I think the computing capabilities of smaller devices is skyrocketing while people aren't even ready to consume even 10% of it. Interesting world, we live in.
  • Mr.Don
    Mr.Don
    The_Big_K
    Given the manufacturing costs, selling electronic products is 99% of the times a win-win situation. But there are famous exceptions. Sony for example, continues to make losses on PS3 consoles and profits on PS2.

Among One X and S3 people are showering more love on HTC; maybe because they had more expectations from S3!

I think the computing capabilities of smaller devices is skyrocketing while people aren't even ready to consume even 10% of it. Interesting world, we live in.
    Yeah, This happens because, like this, from live example - My friend bought Nokia XM 5800 for 18K, next week (or 10 days may be) I bought the same piece for 14K and the very next month new model Nokia X6 got released for 16K with better specs. He was like *duh*. ๐Ÿ˜

The new pieces are releasing even before people expecting them to release without much differences hence leading to failure - because people are getting satisfaction with the ones that they have when compared to the ones that's newly released and the differences are hardly noticed.

In my opinion, I think "Many People will not accept (may be due to hard for them to leave thing that they bought with love) little more than what they require when they already have enough than required specifications." Samsung S III or PS III might certainly is facing this problem with people afford to buy it had already have similar type of thing with them available and with this having technology not required for present use - being overpriced also causing less interest among people - hmm, may be, in this case 41 MP might do for Nokia (The figure beside MP is really attracting many people among people I've listened) and HTC One X for HTC (since being lower in price and on having same++ required spec's). ๐Ÿ‘
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    ...and I thought INR 38k was 'too high'. Samsung thinks otherwise. The company's launched the SIII in India for cool Rs. 43,180! Isn't that insane? I mean those who're buying it anyway are insane! I think this is the right time to go for Galaxy SII (could be a move by Samsung to celar the SII stock at a higher price). Gradually the SIII price will come down to about Rs. 32000 (which is still high).

I hope Nokia will profit from the high price of SIII. Samsung didn't excite us with the SIII.
  • Anoop Kumar
    Anoop Kumar
    if the GSIII would be same as HTC ON X 36K, it would be a blast.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    HTC seems to be a clear winner in the smartphone category.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Indian food is incomplete without the home-made pickles ornamenting the plate. Pinank Shah saw a business opportunity in pickles, noticing how his mother-in-law distributed kilos of pickles to family and...
hey...guys wanted to ask that project should i make ? please can you suggest something though i m not through with java so suggest something using c or c++. i...
Can anybody tell me about free CNC software where I can write and learn coding and check whether my codes are right and working.
Hi CEans, I have Virtual box installed and I have Android 4.1 virtual machine.But I want to enjoy all the apps. provided or supported by Android 4.1. When I enter...
Dear sir: I am studying ICT university I am the last year student i want to design a microwave backbone please send me the contents for it . Thank's from...