Safari 5 Reviews

The latest fastest browser on Earth, Safari 5 definitely delivers Apple's traditional eye candy for both Mac and PC users.
But it's more than just a cool looking browser. It loads web pages faster and adds more HTML5 support.
However the new feature is the "Safari Reader" mode, which cuts out the non essential elements from a page i.e. images, videos and even advertisements!

Now this also removes advertising revenues from the people who created those articles. Ad blocking software is nothing new.
But what is different is that Apple doesn't give the user the option to not block ads in Reader.
Publishers are going to be annoyed by this! But it's a relief for all the Readers. Because sometimes the advertisements are such a nuisance!

Another new feature is that Apple has made Bing an optional search engine in Safari 5.

What's more? Anyone?

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    (@ AbraKadabra: Congratulations on completing 100 posts on CE ๐Ÿ˜‰ )

I've installed Safari 5 on Vista and very happy with performance. Web page rendering is really fast and its definitely faster than Firefox. I'm not sure how it compares with Chrome. Apple claims that the rendering speeds are faster than Chrome and Firefox; but doesn't mention Opera. I also like the way Safari's speed dial page is (flipping the browsed pages) but I could not figure out a way to directly add a bookmark (without first adding it to the folder) on the bookmarks bar ๐Ÿ˜›
  • vishnu priya
    vishnu priya
    Is it more faster than Firefox?
    Then let me give it a try ๐Ÿ˜€
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    Thanks Biggie... it's an honor!

I love the fact that the color of my name's link has changed from Yellow to Orange! ๐Ÿ˜

@ Vishnupriya: Yes. It's faster. Try it.

I am a proud
  • Sahithi Pallavi
    Sahithi Pallavi
    Yes its pretty nice. Have a try. ๐Ÿ˜€

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Launched In 2005 Aldebaran Robotics is the first French company dealing with humanoid robotics. Check out the cool video featuring their ROBO - Nao : [video=youtube;rSKRgasUEko]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rSKRgasUEko[/video] Really Awesome moves when...
Researchers in France have developed a baby robot that has the capacity to "learn". Unfortunately, it looks a little scary! ๐Ÿ˜” RobotCub is a 5 years long project funded by...
The topic of this debate is directly imported from the Indian Movie "Swades" What I mean to say is, a person is born and brought up in his/her own country....
Dual Degree Scheme is applicable to BITS Pilani , Goa and Hyderabad Campuses. All MSc. (Hons) (and not Tech) will get an assured BE Degree, alloted to them at the...
This question arises in everybody's mind before applying to BITS. [FONT=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]My suggestion is, BIT-SAT isn't that tough, especially if you are already getting a coaching for IIT-JEE. Stick to the...