Run time Timeout error

I have written a procedure to insert more than 600+K records from one table to another. But while executing the procedure in VBA code I am getting 'time out' run time error. Error is occuring becoz it is taking more time. It works fine if I execute it maunally on SQL Server. Any suggestions to avoid manual intervention....

Replies

• sookie
    sookie
    I am not sure about VBA code but may be Connection Timeout might be very less value. Try increasing that value if this property already exists else add this property and set appropriate value.

Also, are you sure your procedure is executed by only single thread at run time? If that is not the case you should handle connection pooling.

Connection settings in the code should be able to handle this issue.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Resistive RAM aka RRAM is all set to kick the pulp out of NAND drives aka your regular flash drives. Crossbar, the chip maker that's been in the stealth mode...
If you thought only Apple's got the awesome(st) battery life in their laptops, uBuntu has an answer. The new laptop, "SOL" lets you enjoy 10 hours of uBuntu on 2...
Maruthi Suzuki is secretly working on replacing engine in their car models such as A-Star and estilo.It was reported that MS is finding its replaccement for 800cc engine and it...
Reliance 4G rollout all over India is expected in the first half of 2014 and Reliance Jio, the company specially formed to handle 4G services has obtained an approval from...
Airtel is launching 4G services in Delhi in the next few weeks. According to telecomtiger, Huawei is most likely to handle the overall rollout plan, design, supply and deploy Airtel's...