Routing and Remote Access in Windows Server 2008 R2

I recently install windows server 2008 R2 as my home server. It has two NIC card, one connected to internet, and other connected to my private network. Now I enable Routing and Remote Access Role for accessing internet from my private network. It work fine few days, but now it stop working. I can ping my home server; also I am able to use internet on server; but no internet on private network. I use CCProxy, it work fine.

I try disable and re enable service , sometimes it work some times not. I am not very faimilier to these things, so I need your help to solve this problem.

Thank You.

Replies

• durga ch
    durga ch
    hmm, can you check the Ip address configured for the privte network?

as far as I can think, you have 2 NICs, say IP address x1 which faces internet and X2 ( on NIC2)which connects to the internal network. Could you check this configuration?
  • PraveenKumar Purushothaman
    PraveenKumar Purushothaman
    Can you please send a detailed report of your NIC Configuration and post it here?
  • Kishan Gupta
    Kishan Gupta
    Ya I already check it. CCProxy work fine.

How I can generate report for it? I have no idea of it.
    Check this out:
    #-Link-Snipped-#
  • Kishan Gupta
    Kishan Gupta
    This is a primum service.
  • Kishan Gupta
    Kishan Gupta
    I have Following error in server manager for this service

Log Name: System
    Source: RemoteAccess
    Date: 3/3/2011 7:04:36 PM
    Event ID: 20106
    Task Category: None
    Level: Error
    Keywords: Classic
    User: N/A
    Computer: FTP-SERVER-BSACET
    Description:
    Unable to add the interface Internal with the Router Manager for the IPV6 protocol. The following error occurred: The parameter is incorrect.
    jcksn
    I have Following error in server manager for this service
    Woah! Your OS & ISP?

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Guys have you ever tried ecommerce site and buy or sell something through it? How was your experience ? Is it reliable?
About 30-40% of power outages around the world are caused due to the lightening. The transmission lines are subjected to both direct lightning strokes and induced over voltages. Of these,...
This is not exactly a puzzle.I have invented this myself. Have you ever wondered why we have a circle of 360 degrees only? When we can have it of 100...
The world is moving the past-PC era and soon we'll see touch screen devices everywhere. There's lot of innovation happening on the display technology and it seems that Quantum Dot...
Definition: Within the elastic limit of a solid material, the deformation, produced by a force of any kind is proportional to the force. Has anyone wondered why the definition has...