RIP Eugene J. Polley - Inventor Of Wireless TV Remote Control

Inventor Eugene J. Polley died on Sunday, May 20, 2012 at Illinois of natural causes. Polley is best known for his invention - the first ever wireless remote control. The first wireless remote control was invented in 1955 and was called 'Flash Matic'. Here's how it looked like -
Zenith-Flash-Matic-Remote

This device wasn't perfect because it required precise angle with the TV set. But it was a huge advantage over Zenith Corporation's first 'wired' remote control called 'Lazy Bones'.

Via VoiCE: #-Link-Snipped-#

Replies

• Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    RIP Polley
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    RIP Polley. I think that he deserves a Nobel prize. Anyway, thank you Mr. Polley for making our lives easier and lazier. 😉
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    AbraKaDabra
    RIP Polley. I think that he deserves a Nobel prize. Anyway, thank you Mr. Polley for making our lives easier and lazier. 😉
    Yeah life becomes lazier with remote and now we're implementing it in controlling home appliances too.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Michigan Technological University professor Yun Hang Hu and his research team found out that energy can be generated through reaction between CO2 and Lithium Nitride (Li3N). The team found out...
The modern electrical engineer isn't limited to circuits. The modern tools require electrical engineers to have knowledge of programming languages as well. I compiled a list of the best programming...
Hi I am a java and android developer i am planning to give a seminar in my organisation, can any one help me with some good, new and challenging topic...
hi guys Is there any difference between IT, computer science and engineering and software engineering ?
I am writing my final year project on the topic DESIGN AND CONSTRUCTION OF A REMOTE CONTROLLED INVERTER SYSTEMS(500W). I am seeeking help on this topic firstly in the form...