Revised GRE Text completion questions set 1

Hi friends i have collected some text completion problems and wanted to share it with you, so try to answer this Text completion problems and check your answers soon:

TEXT COMPLETION SET 1

1. Although it appeared to be __________ after its stagnation and eventual cancellation in 1989, Doctor Who Returned to BBC in 2005 to become the longest –running science-fiction show in history.
  • Moribund
  • Ascendant
  • Unflagging
  • Defunct
  • Sated
  1. The capacity of embryonic stem cells to develop into most types of human tissue makes them of ____________ value for a myriad of medical applications, but the genetic program that underlies this quality is not yet known.
  • Immediate
  • Negligible
  • Monetary
  • Intrinsic
  • Potential
Source: #-Link-Snipped-#
  1. Social Critic Neil Postman identified what he saw as a sort of intellectual __________ when he wrote, “What Orwell feared were those who would ban books. What Huxley feared was that there would be no reason to ban a book, for there would be no one who wanted to read one.”
  • Pondering
  • Malingering
  • Entropy
  • Cerebration
  • Banishment
  1. As the effect of foreign competition and a sense of threatened _________ reached each canton, talk of independence grew more common.
  • Immunity
  • Apotheosis
  • Belligerence
  • Recidivism
  • Autonomy
  1. By the mid-1700s, when it began a concerted effort to prevent famine and plague, the French government had fully realized that the success of its state building projects ____________ the welfare of its people, particularly the labor-providing lower class.
  • Threatened
  • Depended on
  • Promoted
  • Should supercede
  • Prevented
  1. Traditional upper class _________ such as fox hunting and cricket have largely given way to more egalitarian amusements over the course of the last century.
  • Stereotypes
  • Disportments
  • Vocations
  • Canards
  • Professions
  1. One particular __________ of many grammarians is the serial comma: whether to use one or not is an issue about which they will quibble at great length and not without some pedantic pleasure.
  • Crotchet
  • Awl
  • Apogee
  • Nadir
  • Opus
The Answers will be released in next week. So Post your answers here, if possible with an explanation. All the Best.

Replies

• Adivy
    Adivy
    My try over these questions-
    1)Defunct
    2)Potential
    3)Cerebration
    4)Belligerence
    5)Depended on
    6)Vocations
    7)Awl
  • raminjpr
    raminjpr
    Adivy
    My try over these questions-
    1)Defunct
    2)Potential
    3)Cerebration
    4)Belligerence
    5)Depended on
    6)Vocations
    7)Awl
    Hi Adivy...very good attempt...u r partially rite...but still u have some errors...check here in the next week to get the answer..😀 So friends, i expect more answers .

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

For more tips, tricks and information on new Revised GRE , check my blog:

A Blog for all the New GRE test takers
  • raminjpr
    raminjpr
    The Correct Answers for the above text completion set :

1. D.) Defunct
    2. E.) Potential
    3. C.) Entropy
    4. E.) Autonomy
    5. B.) Depended on
    6. B.) Disportments
    7. A.) Crotchet

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

On Monday, the National Center for Supercomputing Applications (NCSA), University of Illinois’ and IBM has given reasons for abandoning plans to create a petaflop-speed supercomputer. A petaflop is a measure...
DRDO aka Defence Research and Development Organisation internships, key-points, eligibility criteria and career opportunities after the internship.
hi my name si Rohit. I am a student of enginerring in IT. I live in India.My hobbis are reading, computer stuff, games on computer ,travelling
hi, I have completed my Diploma in IT and have taken admission to 2nd yr engg in same stream. I want to make my programming skills good. I want to...
The Indicator: Terra Vague | ArchDaily