restricting internet access

hii,
My computer has a internet connection.It has 2 accounts in it...one administrator and other local account...i want to limit the usage of internet only to administrator account...i did not want the access of internet of my local account...what i need to do??can u help...my operating system is Windows 7.....

Replies

• Morningdot Hablu
    Morningdot Hablu
    1.try to use a personal firewall.
    disable throungh the administrator while you not there.
    Zone Alarm is a good firewall for novice users and free for personal use.
    2.you may disable the network access services through the administrator tool.
    it works after rebooting your computer.
  • crazyyadu
    crazyyadu
    can we do without the firewall...i mean by group policy etc
  • Morningdot Hablu
    Morningdot Hablu
    ya you can,
    but what if the other user installed any other browser.
    i think group policy is limited up to internet explorer.
    try what i mentioned in the 2nd one.
    you can disable everything through services.
  • crazyyadu
    crazyyadu
    can u pls tell me the steps to do it using group policy editing????
  • Morningdot Hablu
    Morningdot Hablu
    1. Open Group Policy by running gpedit if you use local group policy or running active directory Users and Computers to create a group policy.
    2. Click User configuration>Windows Settings>Internet Explorer Maintenance>Connection (Figure).

3. Right-click on Proxy Settings and then Properties.
    4. Check enable proxy Settings and type a fake IP address, for example 192.168.2.100 on HTTP (you don't have a proxy server or the proxy server is using the different IP).
    5. Under exception, type the web server IP address, for example 192.168.2.10 (Figure).
    6. Test it.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

CEans, Are many of you have noticed, we've been actively updating our official blog, VoiCE. While you are invited to contribute to VoiCE, writing blog posts is not everyone's cup...
Announcement: https://www.crazyengineers.com/forum...s-links-us-well-cover-them-through-voice.html Discuss in this thread.
hi, i need to make a touchlight with LEDs(30)and a charger for charging the battery.can any tell me how i can do this.you can as wel specify the battery rating...
Hi I'm Amit and i've just given my 4th sem. exams of B.tech(it) now i'm planning to do summer training in the vacations. so anyone please suggest me some companies...
I am a self-motivated learner in my thirties, and not in any formal school. I am very interested in learning mathematics and engineering through a series of projects, and learning...