Learning by Projects

I am a self-motivated learner in my thirties, and not in any formal school.

I am very interested in learning mathematics and engineering through a series of projects, and learning the (math and engineering) tools I need to complete each project as I need them. I am hoping someone might direct me to projects I can use to educate myself. Ideally, when math is needed, the project would point me in the right direction, so I could look up the math I need to know online or in books. And the same for engineering.

What projects would you recommend for learning?

As for my starting point, I am a high school graduate, though it has been many years since then. I have not had any useful college education. I always enjoyed science in high school and excelled at understanding the principles being taught, but found math boring, mostly due to my inability to use what was taught in anything else.

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Why not look at our #-Link-Snipped-# section ? I'm afraid, you cannot directly get your hands on projects unless you have understood the theory. But don't let that stop you. I'm assuming you are interested in Robotics and looking for information on building robots. If that's the case, you could get few books on basic robotics to get you started. I haven't used it but LEGO's robotics kit could be a great way to start educating yourself.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

plz help me in mini project topic name:sms based rtc bus enquiry system platform:java plz guyz help me
Hacker Halted Conference-2010 Hacker Halted USA is a complete and comprehensive information security conference, with information security experts from all around the world presenting intriguing topics and discussing global security...
Summer training on VLSI design and fabrication: [FONT="] Organized by AIT, Govt. of NCT Delhi, GGSIP University in collaboration with "SYNOPSYS"[/FONT][FONT="][/FONT]​ Venue-Ambedkar Institute of Technology,Govt of NCT Delhi. Geeta colony,...
hello! i would appreciate the efforts in resolving my query: "Is non-existence is equal to vacuum?"
Hi, I want to know how to configure active directory user isolation of FTP in windows server 2008.