Remote control bulb on/off operation

Can any one here help me in making a mini project in remote control bulb to switch on and off it from a ddistance of 10m by a light signal source.
i wanted to make a mini project for my 2nd sem. So please send me any relevable details to suceed in this operation .
Please do forward urn ideas on it.
Thank u

Replies

• Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    Welcome to CE, Kuruganti 😀

So, just to clarify a little. You want to operate a "Light Bulb", from a distance of 10m. And the source of that control is another "Light emitting device"?

Eg. I flash a flashlight at a light bulb 10m away, and the light bulb switches on?
  • KINETIC_JOULES
    KINETIC_JOULES
    Like. . . a light censored light? That's kind of defeating the purpose, right? But maybe I'm not reading it right.
    Please clarify your question.
  • gohm
    gohm
    I would guess an IR(infra red) trigger device would make sense
  • KINETIC_JOULES
    KINETIC_JOULES
    Yeah. . . that would make a little more sense, I think. But like, how are you saying, gohm?
  • gohm
    gohm
    IR receiver on the lamp with either a handheld IR emitter or switch mounted. Basically an occupancy sensor (which they currently use for triggering lights or doors via IR). You would be making the same as the wireless kits which you can buy for lamps that use radio waves only you'd be running on the IR spectrum.
  • KINETIC_JOULES
    KINETIC_JOULES
    Ah. . . okay, I get 'ya now. So, if it was not hand held, how would the censor be triggered?
  • gohm
    gohm
    toggle switch, push button or regular light switch mounted on wall connected to IR (or even mount IR elsewhere and switch could trigger it remotely via circuit.
  • KINETIC_JOULES
    KINETIC_JOULES
    Ah. . . that makes sense! So the toggle switch triggers the IR censor that sends the signal to the light that turns it on? Wow. . . that's nifty.
  • Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    Ah, good point guys. The IR component that is sending the IR signal is called a "Transmitter", while the IR sensor on the lamp is called the "Reciever". Since this is only one way communication with a single channel, its quite easy to construct the circuit.

Though, I think the wireless version is a better option, since its more "omni directional".

Anyway, we shall wait for our buddy Kutuganti for more clarification.
  • KINETIC_JOULES
    KINETIC_JOULES
    I think I knew that. Would there be any other way to make this project work?
  • Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    Lots of possibilities, just depends on convenience. You can use sound activation (either voice, whistle or a clap), or motion detection (so by just walking in, the light goes on).

That'll remove the need of a "control" device. Your own body would be the control switch. 10m is a reasonable range to be detected by the lamp.
  • gohm
    gohm
    for noise we've had a device here in the States since the 70's called "the clapper" that you install on any device to turn on/off via clapping (or any loud sound)
  • Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    Yeah, my first RC car back when I was a kid used clapping (or a device that "clicks" really loud) as a way to change direction. One clap moves it forward, the next clap reverses to the left. Weird control, but requires continues clapping to navigate around obstacles. Quite fun!
  • KINETIC_JOULES
    KINETIC_JOULES
    Wow. I didn't know they made rc cars like that!
  • iamsasi
    iamsasi
    A good circuit is available in Electronics For You | Free DIY and Electronics Projects | Tech News. you can control the switching with any remotecontrol.
  • amolhshah
    amolhshah
    you can use a TV remote to turn on/off the bulb. Most of the remotes have RC5 protocol you can get info of RC5 protocol over here: #-Link-Snipped-#
    on the receiver side use TSOP 1738 as receiver, whose output is given to a micro controller & the controller decodes which switch has been pressed and accordingly turns on/off a relay which is used to turn on/off a bulb 😎
  • binu_ji
    binu_ji
    Use this circuit, if you want to control a single relay.
    [​IMG]

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

The things that you will need to use your phone as a spying device ( as a listening bug ) are: A Mobile Phone A headset which works with that...
hi fnds.... iam a new member of CE....... i need ur suggesions regarding my project.... i want to know latest applications of Digital signal processing.. so plz give me ur...
i m an electrical engineering student plz suggest me the project topic
I've had hour long debates on this topic with my friends when I was in college. Lots of B-Schools and Universities have their own Entrepreneurship programs - and lot of...
Hello,i'm Evanzp . I found this good forum from Google .when I saw this ,I guess i like here !haha ...!