Refrigeration and Airconditioning

Moist air at 40°C and 90% R.H. enters a dehumidifier at the rate of 300 m3/min. The condensate and the saturated air exit at 10°C through separate exits. The pressure remains constant at 100 kPa. Determine: (a) the mass flow rate of dry air,
a. 431 kg/min b. 311.61 kg/min c. 278.42 kg/min d. 196 kg/min e. none
(b) the water removal rate, and
a. 11.4 kg/min b. 13.5 kg/min c. 24.2 kg/min d. 19.6 kg/min e. none
(c) the required refrigeration capacity in tons.
a. 221.69 tons b. 310.75 tons c. 181.91 tons d. 257.13 tons e. none

An air-conditioned space is supplied 10 000 ft3/min (283 m3/min) of air at 65°F (18.3°C) and 60% relative humidity. Air is supplied to the dehumidifier at 85°F (29.4°C); wet-bulb temperature is 70°F (21.1°). Condensate leaves the dehumidifier at the same temperature as the outgoing air, which is at standard atmospheric pressure throughout the system. Air leaves the dehumidifier in the same saturated state. Determine the refrigerating load for this air-conditioned space.
a. 28.9 tons b. 39.5 tons c. 48.7 tons d. 51.3 tons e. none

Those are my problems. My professor does not teach us how to solve these kind of problems. I read books, and try to solve, but I did not get the answer. Please show me how to solve these problems.

Replies

• kaizokonpaku
    kaizokonpaku
    Please someone teach me
  • gohm
    gohm
    Do you know the equations needed to solve these problems?
  • kaizokonpaku
    kaizokonpaku
    I know how to get the enthalpy by using the psychrometric chart but 40 C and 90% R.H. cannot be seen in the chart. RH = actual pressure/saturation pressure. Thats all I know and I still cannot solve the problem.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Who has problems with answers regarding vector analysis specifically about dot and cross product???
Not exactly a debate topic, but I'm sure we'll have many interesting opinions. That's the reason I'm starting the topic in Debate section - I've been wondering what could be...
I am currently facing this problem. i have to write a single callable statement that will call three procedures and calling second procedure from first procedure is not a option...
One commonly used cipher of this forms called RSA Encryption, where RSA are the initials of the three creators: Rivest, Shamir, and Adleman. It is based on the following idea:...
hello, i am making my own website in php and in order to make it a quite attractive one i want to know how one can use pages (designed in...