Ready For 167 MBPS, 2TB Memory Card?

The CompactFlash association has published CF6.0 specifications, three companies are gearing up for the future. Sony, Nikon & Sandisk have proposed a new memory card format that switches from PATA to the PCI Express serial interface to achieve data transfer rates of up to 500 MBps! These cards will have storage capacity of 2TB. According to the new proposed specifications, the digital SLRs will be able to capture very high quality, raw images and even higher definition videos. The CF has already formed a group to work on the new specifications.

Canon's Shigeto Kanda, CFA chairman of the board, had this to say about the proposal:

Future professional photography and video applications will require memory cards with faster read/write speeds. The development of a new high-performance card standard with a serial interface will meet the needs of the professional imaging industry for years to come and open the door for exciting new applications.

I see that in future, we'll eliminate the need of hard-disks. We are stepping faster towards it.

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

As a regular user on Internet we expect some kind of security, this security is provided in form of Secure Socket Layer(SSL) and Transport Layer Security(TLS). Both security models use...
Last month I purchased Linux For You magazine, since after taking Computer Security as my subject I got more interested in Open Source and Linux based systems. While reading articles...
If you are interested in the extreme warfare or weapons of the future type of shows on Discovery, then this article is sure to shiver your nerves. In a ski-fi...
Rio de Janeiro, Brazil,Nov.17-20, 2010—Authorized distributor of GstarCAD, one of the world leading providers of 2D/3D design software, Cadalist Tecnologia Ltda in Brazil, successfully displayed GstarCAD in the International Building...
Nokia is really finding tough in the Indian market because of the low-price-high-value phones we see today. So, it is coming out with a few innovations of its own. Bringing...