Project Presentation on Monday.

Hey, new to the forums. Basically, I'm in my second year of my Electrical Engineering course. For my Project I have decided to do research into Avionics and how Avionics has played a crucial part of the safety of flight these days, but i've came to a dead end, I'm stuck for ideas. My presentation of the subject is due on Monday and at the minute on my presentation I have 8 slides, these slides being about, an introduction to the subject, history of Avionics, why Avionics is used and also different systems. Knowing that quite a few of my class mates have done some sort of practical and I haven't makes me think that with this research project, I can't achieve good grades. I'm totally lost for ideas about what else I could talk about and feel I wont be able to talk for ten minutes (how long the presentation has to last). Basically I was just wondering if anyone would be able to give me a bit of guidance on the subject, would be much appreciated. ๐Ÿ˜›

Replies

• Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    Hi Jmurphy,

Welcome to CE. That's an interesting topic you chose for the project.

If you could upload & share the presentation with us, so that we know what things you have already added in it.

Moreover I think you can add 2-3 slides on what parts of avionics your research project's aim would be. You could also add the shortcomings in the present system you might have noticed while studying the subject & ideas regarding improving them.

Best of luck with the presentation.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Upload the presentation on Slideshare and share it with us. I'm sure we'll have few ideas. However, I think you can take 2-3 real life examples of how Avionics has helped in flight safety. I think everyone would love to know about real life examples. Have you already considered few of them?

Secondly, you might also talk the negatives (if any) and compare them. It'll show that you've done an in-depth research and attract good grades. I don't think number of slides would matter a lot if you have important information to convey through them.
  • JMurphy
    JMurphy
    Hey guys, my presentation went really well, but my tutor today told me that I have to add more technical info into my Project for me to finish it for good. For technical info she was kind of hinting at different types of circuits and explaining what these circuits do. I'm a bit stumped for ideas on the matter, one that did come across me though, was too look at navigation systems within a cockpit, some of you may know that GPS is one of them. So I'm thinking of maybe finding a circuit for a GPS and going into detail about how it works, at the minute like I say its only a idea, but I'm you guys will have better ones and i'd much appreciate if you could help me.
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    @JMurphy: It's good that your presentation went well. ๐Ÿ˜€

Could you upload your presentation on slideshare & share the link with us.

Moreover, start a thread on your requirements & they study you have done up till now.
  • JMurphy
    JMurphy
    Can't get my presentation at the minute, but through my project I have discussed the different types of avionics, history and future of them. I have looked at all the different systems on a aircraft to do with avionics, these being, navigation and communication systems etc. I have then looked back at the history of avionics and then looked at the future of avionics, like GPS known as global positioning system which will have a big part to play in avionic industry. My tutor who didn't even see my presentation though as I said yesterday told me that I need to add some technical info, judging by the comment I think she meant some sort of circuit and describe what the circuit it does, as that is what most of my class has done with there projects.. so any ideas for any types of circuits I could do would be much appreciated. ๐Ÿ˜‰
  • Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    Hi JMurphy! Avionics is quite interesting stuff. However, actual circuitry involved is quite complex, and if you really do want to do a circuit it'll have to be simple representations.

You can try to do a project with a GPS module, connected to a microcontroller and display coordinates on a small LCD screen. You might want to add an electronic compass module too, if you have enough budget. Have you used microcontrollers before? This is probably enough to represent a basic navigation system ๐Ÿ˜€ Since you are still in 2nd year, I doubt you need to make even more sophisticated stuff. Perhaps when you start your final year project, you can extend this navigation system into a small UAV which can fly autonomously.

Anyhow, as AKD mentioned, please start a new thread with your current research and requirements ๐Ÿ˜€ We can continue discussion there.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

I wish to take up a project at Automotive research association of india(ARAI) as a summer training. Is it possible, and if yes then how to apply?
if any bdy gt any ntes on needle arc welding plz send me@ (email removed) urgent..!!!
Please tell me how the direction of 3-phase induction motor can be reversed.
Can anyone help me out in explaining why transformers are considered as passive circuits. Transformers performs by stepping up/down voltage/current,changes low input power to high output and vice versa. But...
CEans, As many of you requested, we should have offline meets where CEans can come together and interact face to face. We've decided to make CE Meets an integral part...