Projecct for ECE - Railway Tracking for knowing the destination station

Hi CE-an's here i would like to discuss an idea for implementing in my project,

First thing ,i want to know whether it is already done by someone ?
Next thing ,i want to know the possible ways as per your suggestions/ideas apart from the ways i'm having.

Details: While we are travelling in Train,we face lot of annoying things,and here is one i want to share.

we might not able to know ,where we are ,and how long is our station from us,the reach time of the train to the destination station.

So,how can we make a project,that can slove this problem

Problem
  • Alert passengers the current position of the train via LED/Voice announcement
  • Destination station's location or the next upcoming station to the train.
How to solve this ?
we can use GPS to track the location but how to know near by station ,and that information is need to convert into a voice message that is fed to loudspeaker.
or else
can we use transmitter on every station,and a receiver at the train,where the transmitter has to cover an area of about 1-2kms ,so that the receiver can detect the station early and alert passengers to get ready with their packages.
How can we do this,share your ideas,suggestions and the tools that we need to use for this..waiting for your replies..

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Moved to electrical electronics engineering section 😀
  • RRITESH
    RRITESH
    can we use transmitter on every station,and a receiver at the train,where the transmitter has to cover an area of about 1-2kms ,so that the receiver can detect the station early and alert passengers to get ready with their packages.
    This will be better than GPS receiver in very rail, so you can use either Tx & Rx or as in case of Metro the controller display the station.
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    Interesting idea, do not worry about other's had done similar project or not as per the details you'd given your project will rock for sure.
    Now my suggestion, It's better to use GPS instead of Transmitter Receiver GPS keeps fetching latitude and longitude. And in one master controller we'll store one database based on the location's Lat,long data(that will be one kilometer away from the station) when controller receives that lat,long it fetchs station name from database and via one transmitter is transmits that to all the coaches where local receiver receives that and display that to LED display board.
  • Suresh Manickam
    Suresh Manickam
    Nice one, but you must gather lots of data.
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    Suresh Manickam
    Nice one, but you must gather lots of data.
    That's not big deal as now microcontrollers have higher storage capacity. 😀

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

What I've been noticing is that that 3G dongles available in India are very specific to the network operators. That is BSNL's dongle won't work with Idea's SIM card. That'd...
The India Against Corruption (IAC) team has launched a new portal jailchalo.com to ask people to register their interest in going to the jail in support of social activist Anna...
Lets make a list of ideas related to solar projects. I will give it a start - 1. Solar Car Lift Jack Electric car lift jacks are common. Making the...
Asterisk is a six legged spider like robot developed at the Osaka University. The limbs are smart and can work like hands. Very versatile, it may one day be deployed...
Quote: Thanks to a new online toolkit developed at MIT and the Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory, any researcher who needs to find a material with specific properties — whether it’s...