programming problems in UNIX/LINUX..??

Hey CEans please help me in following problems.These are a part of my Linux/Unix project but I am unable to do solve them due to lack of skills in Linux. Besides, I successfully made some of these on C++, but Linux is going out of way for me. ๐Ÿ˜• ๐Ÿ˜•

1. Create a file called wlcc.txt with some lines and display how many lines, words and characters
are present in that file.

2. Append ten more simple lines to the wlcc.txt file created above and split the appended file into 3
parts. What will be the names of these split files? Display the contents of each of these files.
How many lines will be there on the last file?

3. Given two files each of which contains names of students. Create a program to display only those names that are found on both the files.

4. Create a program to find out the inode number of any desired.

5.Write a pipeline of commands, which displays on the monitor as well as saves the information
about the number of users using the system at present on a file called usere.ux.

6.Write a shell script that reports the logging in of a specified user within one minute after he/she
logs in. The script automatically terminates if the specified user does not login during a
specified period of time.

7.Write a shell script that accepts any number of arguments and prints them in the reverse order.

Please CEans...

Replies

• neha mourya
    neha mourya
    i cnt get the programms properly
  • ashishpatel.1992
    ashishpatel.1992
    Please Visit #-Link-Snipped-# for solution.
    All programs in Doc file ๐Ÿ˜
  • KenJackson
    KenJackson
    I think number 1 is actually two steps:
    1a. Create a file called wlcc.txt with some lines.
    1b. Display how many lines, words and characters are present in that file.

Presumably you would use a text editor to create wlcc.txt with some junk lines. Or rename any readme.txt file you find laying around. The second part seems to be a way of getting you familiar with the wc command.

Number 4 was done long ago. The program is called ls. For example, try: ls -il
    So are you supposed to write a C or C++ program that does the same thing? Or a shell script that just calls ls?

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Can FLOPPY DISK partitioned? If yes, Why else why not ?๐Ÿ˜• CEans .. Do anybody of you knows the answer of this question?
Need an idea for Major project for final yr submission, Plzzzzzzzz Help me out..๐Ÿ˜
Dear All, I hope this information will useful while writing thesis/ project report This additional information to " How To Write A Project Report-by Kaustubh Katdare" Best wishes, Thesis123 -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------...
Today is a special day! Exactly 5 years ago, on November 24[sup]th[/sup], the idea of CrazyEngineers was brewing in my mind. It was about 11.00 AM, I was sitting in...
I'm posting the story of CrazyEngineers exactly at the times it happened 5 years ago in history. It begins here: https://www.crazyengineers.com/forum/announcements/38184-exactly-5-years-ago.html