Problem using a 60 Hz specified wireless connected device in India

I am using a 60Hz EEG Acquisition device which was imported from the US. I am an Indian and the AC power frequency here is 50Hz. The device is called Neurosky Mindwave. Its connected to the laptop through bluetooth connectivity. The bluetooth connectivity remains only for sometime. Please let me know what the problem is? The laptop used in India can also be used in US right? Or else is there any problem with 50 Hz and 60Hz power freq.? Does this have anything to do with wireless connection?

Replies

• Jeffrey Arulraj
    Jeffrey Arulraj
    Yup pls don't try to use 60 Hz product in 50 Hz AC supply unless u use a frequency shifter
  • Priya Nadkarni
    Priya Nadkarni
    But does it effect wireless signals sent via bluetooth? Please let me know how i can use a frequency shifter for bluetooth connectivity.
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    PriyaJ
    But does it effect wireless signals sent via bluetooth? Please let me know how i can use a frequency shifter for bluetooth connectivity.
    Just make sure you supply power properly. The device which is working on 60hz.. does it have any power adaptor?
    Please check what's input frequency written on it?
  • Priya Nadkarni
    Priya Nadkarni
    Its powered through a AAA battery. The bluetooth connectivity is just to acquire the EEG signals.
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    PriyaJ
    Its powered through a AAA battery. The bluetooth connectivity is just to acquire the EEG signals.
    Now I am confused. You said your device is working on 60hz but if it is powered by AAA battery it means its DC supply. No worry about it if power source is DC. Is your device using any AC source?
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    PriyaJ
    Now I am confused. You said your device is working on 60hz but if it is powered by AAA battery it means its DC supply. No worry about it if power source is DC. Is your device using any AC source?
  • Priya Nadkarni
    Priya Nadkarni
    No its connected to a laptop thats using AC source. We are sending signals from the device(which is powered with battery) to a laptop(which is powered using AC) via bluetooth. But the connectivity is not maintained for a long time.
  • Priya Nadkarni
    Priya Nadkarni
    No. We are sending signals from the device(which is powered with battery) to a laptop(which is powered using AC) via bluetooth. But the connectivity is not maintained for a long time. I wanted to know if bluetooth signals have anything to do with that 50Hz and 60Hz.
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    PriyaJ
    No. We are sending signals from the device(which is powered with battery) to a laptop(which is powered using AC) via bluetooth. But the connectivity is not maintained for a long time. I wanted to know if bluetooth signals have anything to do with that 50Hz and 60Hz.
    So what I understand is device you import from USA is battery powered and Bluetooth enabled. While another Bluetooth device is the one in your laptop which is Indian model right?

Then I'm sure there is no any impact on Bluetooth signal as Bluetooth is working on DC power only. There must be some other issues.
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    Try to reset both Bluetooth devices and make sure you are configuring Bluetooth as per the manual.

You just have to worry about 60hz and 50hz if your input is AC source.
  • Priya Nadkarni
    Priya Nadkarni
    Ya you are right. Its an Indian Model only. Thanks a lot!! I'll check out what other problem can be there. Thank You.
  • Priya Nadkarni
    Priya Nadkarni
    K. Fine. I'll do that.
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    PriyaJ
    K. Fine. I'll do that.
    Great !

Don't forgot to update this thread once you find the solution or you have any other doubt so that will be useful to others too.

Have a nice time on CE.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Instagram has introduced the ability to embed photos and videos, in what seems to be a move to keep up with rival Vine. Vine is a mobile app owned by...
In my early engineering days I used to be an avid follower of Roy Doty, who used to run the Wordless Workshop feature. At 90 he seems to be still...
Hemmings Daily has this to say about car care: Quote: While most collectors are fanatical about the care and feeding of prized automobiles (explaining how a car can look showroom...
Good, Bad and the Ugly of how to get frustrated doing things: https://cr4.globalspec.com/blogentry/22921/Top-9-Lifehacks?frmtrk=cr4digest
Interesting research seems to hold out hope for pessimists. Studies on identical twins with opposing attitudes indicate that it may all be in the genes. Five genes in the hippocamus....