problem regarding JAVA

this is the brief discussion about my project :it actually automatically fillup the application forms or other forms on net
(on the sites mentioned).Actually the information that is to be fill up in application form is saved on the hard disk in the form of text file .N ow my project read this text file and fill up the application form on net.
I am actually learning core java and i want to know which book to follow for JAVA regarding my project(Means i don't know which book to follow after core java . THERE ARE servlets and JSP books,or others books) .i have not started it(project) yet.i am learning "core java from Head First Java".

and i even don't know what are servlets And JSP ,Why it is use????
and also tell me the books to followed for core java and then for Advanced java ???.If there are any good tutorial regading them ,then plz send me the link.....

Replies

• Yamini L
    Yamini L
    For learning JAVA,go for
    JAVA complete Reference:By HERBERT SCHILDT
    For core JAVA you can also use Programming with JAVA by Balagurusamy(very easy to learn and understand if you are a beginner).
    Also refer Free Java Tutorials & Guide | Java programming source code
    Java Coffee Break - your free guide to the world of Java programming,packed full of free articles, tutorials, book reviews, and FAQs
    (Google

P.S:Everything needs to be discused here in the forum only(no email id's).Our mods and admin are very particular about it.Mods,I hope these URL's can be posted here.
  • shalini_goel14
    shalini_goel14
    For Core Java -Go for Complete Reference. Your project needs to learn java.io package of java for this

For Advanced Java- There is a book of O'Reilly specifically on "JSP & Servlets" Go for it.

A servlet is a server side program. Server side programming you do when you want to get information from server. Servlet is a java class that reads requests from a client and responds by sending information to the client.
    A JSP is also a servlet. JSP is simple to create by focussing on UI part as compared to servlets. Better part is to keep your UI in jsp and java code in servlet class.JSP is converted to a Java sevlet when client requests the JSP first time.

FYI, there is also a Complete Reference book on "J2EE" -I don't know how it is but I can guess you can go through it also, if you can find that book.

Search on google for tutorial links. There is lot of information about this on web. If any issues feel free to ask here. ๐Ÿ˜€

Thanks
  • sahilgandhi87
    sahilgandhi87
    thanks.....
  • xero
    xero
    Although i had started learning java from Complete Reference, however i would really suggest NOT to go for it.

I'll strongly recommend either Thinking In Java(TIJ) by Bruce Eckel or the sun java tutorial. Apart from that the ebook of TIJ is freely available at #-Link-Snipped-#

happy learning ๐Ÿ˜€
  • sahilgandhi87
    sahilgandhi87
    xero
    Although i had started learning java from Complete Reference, however i would really suggest NOT to go for it.

I'll strongly recommend either Thinking In Java(TIJ) by Bruce Eckel or the sun java tutorial. Apart from that the ebook of TIJ is freely available at #-Link-Snipped-#

happy learning ๐Ÿ˜€

Thanks....
  • sahilgandhi87
    sahilgandhi87
    shalini_goel14
    For Core Java -Go for Complete Reference. Your project needs to learn java.io package of java for this

For Advanced Java- There is a book of O'Reilly specifically on "JSP & Servlets" Go for it.

A servlet is a server side program. Server side programming you do when you want to get information from server. Servlet is a java class that reads requests from a client and responds by sending information to the client.
    A JSP is also a servlet. JSP is simple to create by focussing on UI part as compared to servlets. Better part is to keep your UI in jsp and java code in servlet class.JSP is converted to a Java sevlet when client requests the JSP first time.

FYI, there is also a Complete Reference book on "J2EE" -I don't know how it is but I can guess you can go through it also, if you can find that book.

Search on google for tutorial links. There is lot of information about this on web. If any issues feel free to ask here. ๐Ÿ˜€

Thanks

Thanks for ur suggestion
  • sahilgandhi87
    sahilgandhi87
    miniy
    For learning JAVA,go for
    JAVA complete Reference:By HERBERT SCHILDT
    For core JAVA you can also use Programming with JAVA by Balagurusamy(very easy to learn and understand if you are a beginner).
    Also refer Free Java Tutorials & Guide | Java programming source code
    Java Coffee Break - your free guide to the world of Java programming,packed full of free articles, tutorials, book reviews, and FAQs
    (Google

P.S:Everything needs to be discused here in the forum only(no email id's).Our mods and admin are very particular about it.Mods,I hope these URL's can be posted here.

Thanks for ur suggestion
  • Rajnikant
    Rajnikant
    If you want to start with JAVA and you have good internet access then best place is sun JAVA tutorial. #-Link-Snipped-# and for JSP/Servlet tutorial is also better one but I whld suggest that better you go for Head First series book. #-Link-Snipped-#
  • sahilgandhi87
    sahilgandhi87
    Rajnikant
    If you want to start with JAVA and you have good internet access then best place is sun JAVA tutorial. #-Link-Snipped-# and for JSP/Servlet tutorial is also better one but I whld suggest that better you go for Head First series book. #-Link-Snipped-#

thanks for ur suggestion Rajnikant
    Could u plz tell me how to use online sun tutorial efficiently ? from where should i start ?

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

An installation of LED lamps in refrigerated space (inside reach-in glass doors on grocery cooler) has seen high failure rate of LED lamp drivers (AC to DC). LED lamps are...
I am a first year student and i have planned to do a SHORT RANGE CELL PHONE SIGNAL JAMMER....only about 10m and using the circuit diagram we constructed one and...
Generally what things to be learn after core java ,whether servlets and JSP or EJB or anythig else........................ and wht is this EJB??? why it is used????
import java.io.*; import java.net.*; class AdviceClient { void go() { try { Socket s = new Socket("127.0.0.1",4242); InputStreamReader ir = new InputStreamReader(s.getInputStream()); BufferedReader br = new BufferedReader(ir); String str=br.readLine(); System.out.println("Advice...
can anyone suggest me some books which explain the various stages of game development?