Power Out Of Thin Air: Wireless charging of electric buses proves its worth

One of the ongoing debates about the general acceptance of electric vehicles (EVs) is the need for wireless charging. Proponents of such systems point to the ability to park over a pad embedded in a parking spot and pick up 20-30 miles of range while grocery shopping. They say that this so-called "opportunity charging" helps to reduce range anxiety, making EVs more attractive. If you put the same charging pad in your garage, you simply park over it at night and the car automatically adds the electricity needed for the next day’s commute.
#-Link-Snipped-#

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

I want to know about the rules for forming the final year group.. Can somebody please help me with that..
Hi My B.tech percentage is 58%, +2 is 78% and 10th is 82%. I have 4 years of experience in an MNC. Can I get a job in OEMs or...
2019 IEEE Congress on Evolutionary Computation
Imagine if your car could pull itself over when you're drowsy or nauseous, or adjust the temperature and music when gridlock is stressing you out. Maybe it could even refuse...
While pop culture predicts VR will be the death of us, actual industrial use cases in research labs and industrial environments hint at its current potential: speeding design, boosting productivity,...