Position Control

I figured out before how to control the speed of a motor through a microcontroller by varying the duty cycle of a pulse width modulated signal. But now I want to control another motor but instead of varying its speed, I just want to vary how many degrees it rotates. For example I might want it to rotate 18 degrees clockwise and hold its position there. How do I go about doing this. I've been using a pic16f877 microcontroller. Thanks for any help.

Replies

• shadeslayer
    shadeslayer
    use servomotor with PWM signal to voltage convertion
  • sriramchandrk
    sriramchandrk
    I guess you could use servomotor as told by shadeslayer
    or a stepper motor and need to calibrate the steps and code based on the required angle.

Thanks & Regards
    Sriram

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

The Chetan Bhagat written, Atul Agnihotri directed movie, I heard, is a BIG flop! ๐Ÿ˜ I've had 3 bad reviews till now - what do you say?
I wanted to be able to use a sonar sensor such as this: SparkFun Electronics - Ultrasonic Range Finder - Maxbotix LV-EZ0 but I'm not sure how I would get...
CEans, Our editor-in-chief, Mayur and I had a discussion over the phone regarding the nature of the contests that we run on CE. We discussed if we should keep the...
hello frnds im new to this community...... i went through your work of developing a msnger .........it was indeed good... bt i cldnt understand how u people managed to discuss...
Hello, Let me first of all describe what i am trying to do. I hope after reading this you people will not deviate from the subject -instead will help me...