Portable dust suction silo

IMG_20180418_183957506
Want to install a portable dust suction equipment,can any one suggest the speed of the motor required for sucking the dust.
Dust is fine lime powder.
The capacity of silo shall be 1 ton

Replies

• Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    The design of the system does not gel. Unable to workout the logic. First opinion is that nothing at all will happen. No suction will be created by the system as shown. The dust will not settle but remain in suspension.
    Is some sort of centrifugal settler being thought of? If so, the design would be very different.
    This will give some basic information:
    #-Link-Snipped-#
  • Prasadarao
    Prasadarao
    Sir
    Thank you for your advice, but the image shown is a portable type and a flexible hose will be used to suck the dust which is lying on a working floor.The sketch is just a primitive idea developed from classifiers which are used in lime industry.
    I request you to suggest any suitable filtration system which shall be used to suck the dust and emit the clear air out with dust collected in a silo and the colllected dust shall be emptied into bags.

Any advice will help a lot.
    A.V.Ramani
    The design of the system does not gel. Unable to workout the logic. First opinion is that nothing at all will happen. No suction will be created by the system as shown. The dust will not settle but remain in suspension.
    Is some sort of centrifugal settler being thought of? If so, the design would be very different.
    This will give some basic information:
    #-Link-Snipped-#
  • Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    Do you have data on the particle size distribution of the dust and the bulk volume (or weight) of the dust to be collected by the portable unit?
    Motorised industrial vacuum cleaners are available, which may be a simpler option.
    You can look at these systems. Prime III has a tank volume of 80 litres.
    #-Link-Snipped-#

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

I'm super new to Elasticsearch and have been finding my way to make search work for the upcoming version of CrazyEngineers. I wish to know from our fellow CEans who've...
We all know there's no easy way to get a job in electrical field, that too in a developing country like India. Let us discuss on valuable experiences and suggestions...
Beguiling, baffling or both—that’s blockchain. To clarify blockchain for the benefit of companies and other organizations, as well as engineers and managers, the National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST)...
I have completed diploma in civil engineering can I apply for these post ???
Wikipedia - Florida International University pedestrian bridge collapse The Florida Department of Transport has released the engineering design and construction plans for the FIU pedestrian bridge, which can be downloaded...