CrazyEngineers Archive
Old, but evergreen and popular discussions on CrazyEngineers, presented to you in read-only mode.
@kashif_flavio • 20 Nov, 2010
What is the difference between Port Address, Physical Address, Logical Address. How and at which OSI layer they are used?
@sushant005 • 21 Nov, 2010 Logical Address is IP address which is not fixed and it regularly changes and it depends upon the Network layer.

physical address is Called as MAC address which is fixed for every system and it depends upon the network layer.

Port address is used for each process from client to server and it depends on the transport layer.
@themask • 25 Nov, 2010 Excellent answer sushant005.
@Morningdot Hablu • 26 Nov, 2010
sushant005
Logical Address is IP address which is not fixed and it regularly changes and it depends upon the Network layer.

physical address is Called as MAC address which is fixed for every system and it depends upon the network layer.

Port address is used for each process from client to server and it depends on the transport layer.
No sus MAC address is used in data link layer.which works locally.Means in node to node connection.
19.3k views

Related Posts

@subaBE · Jul 22, 2013

sir please suggest any topics for doing final project which are related to electrical machines
4.7k views

@PuneetVerma · Aug 17, 2014

All the Mechanical Engineering Students who are preparing for GATE-2015 or so may post their queries here. I will try my best to solve. P.S. I am not a GATE...
5.8k views

@Ankita Katdare · Jun 27, 2012

Here is a list of seminar ideas for Chemical engineering students. Students belonging to third year or final year can use these seminar topics. This list has been complied after...
29.2k views

@Ankita Katdare · Apr 25, 2015

A lot of buzz got around as TATA initiated a campaign called # WeTheNanoGen as it was prepping to take the wraps off the latest variant of its people's car,...
3.5k views

@Prajakta Kelapure · Feb 6, 2017

BIPOLAR JUNCTION TRANSISTOR A bipolar junction Transistor or BJT or transistor is a small electronic device which can be used either as a amplifier or a switch. It consist of...
4k views