Playstation 4 - Will It Be A Hardware Marvel?

Sony has announced that they're going to make a big announcement related to their PlayStation brand on February 20th. Sony has not made it clear that they're announcing the PlayStation 4, but WSJ has claimed that their internal sources have confirmed the announcement is going to be about PS4. As a PS fan, I'm totally excited by the news and even surprised by the timing of the announcement. I didn't expect Sony to get ready with their next generation console so soon and I thought we'd just get 'leaks' not earlier than 2014.

When PlayStation 3 was launched, it was a hardware marvel and the technology it offered beat everyone else in the markets. But Microsoft too jumped in the arena with XBOX which rivals PS. PS3 currently uses almost a decade old technology and in the past few years, the GPUs and motherboards have become way powerful.

Getting the best of the hardware is going to be a must for PlayStation and I'm totally curious to know what will Sony's engineers offer this time. Because what Sony will offer is going to be with them for the next at least 4-6 years, which means they just can't go wrong with it.

What do you think will Sony announce on February 20th and if it's PS4, what do you expect?

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    I'm a bit shocked! No one's really interested in the PS4 news here? 😖
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    👍 I went through a couple of news items on PS4.

And from what I could gather, I can say that Sony should focus all its energies on innovation. Sony shouldn't concentrate oon sheer power for PlayStation 4. It needs to spin out a lot of groundbreaking features if they want to recapture their former glory.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    The speculations are on. People have been saying that Sony will only 'announce' the PS4 console, but won't reveal the details. It's likely because the competition may catch up with what's Sony' going to offer. It's likely that Sony will demonstrate a minute or two of PS4 gameplay, but I'd not expect anything more than that.

It's likely that Sony will introduce a new controller with PS4; the next generation console has to offer something 'new' to make people aware of the power and capabilities of the PlayStation 4 platform, which will be expected to stay for a few years to come.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

I have tried coding in html using with thier required attributes but when i run that code on a browser it does not display my image.the same problem is...
Hey!! We are the founding batch of my college. I am doing my fourth semester. They are asking ideas for a workshop for electrical engineering students. Please suggest some ideas....
Dear freinds i download autocad 2009 from a website. it is in winrar format. then i extract it to a folder in my E drive. Here in folder in which...
hi frds give me the simplest way to make bootable pen drive.
See through cars, to be more accurate 'see behind' cars use optical camouflage technology to create these vanishing acts. Toyota seems to put it to some practical use as real...