Now you see it, now you don't - Vanishing cars

See through cars, to be more accurate 'see behind' cars use optical camouflage technology to create these vanishing acts.
Toyota seems to put it to some practical use as real time rear view (the car's rear view that is not the driver's).
#-Link-Snipped-#

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    That looks a bit scary. I'd just need a simple proximity sensors mounted on the rear dashboard so that it alerts me every time the car's close enough to an obstacle. The only 'real' use of the rear-view I've seen is in the bus where it's almost impossible for the driver to know what's at the back.
  • zaveri
    zaveri
    Sounds fun to me. but it will take time for people to get adjusted to it, eventhough it is an improvement over what we have today.
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    That post reminded me of Airbus articles covered on VoiCE. You guys should definitely go through them.

Just wondering what is the utility of this car. Only works in James-Bond-style environment. 😀

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Unlike the other works on Perceptual computing, this was more challenging. It needed an integration of OpenGL, Blender and Perceptual computing. Further it had to be on 3d coordinates unlike...
how to prevent windows 7 not genuine problem before problem comes? How to correct not genuine problem after problem comes? and how microsoft identified window copy we are using is...
CAN U GIVE ME A CLEAR IDEA ON THESE .PLZZZZZZZZZZZZ
I got this in the mail. No idea how good the lead is: Engineering Students can register inhttps://www.campuscouncil.com/ to attend Off Campus for 40 Companies.
My friend KGRD sent this: