Plastic wheel for electric cars - Extend range by 20%

The plastic wheel rims are made of Ultramid® Structure, an innovative high-performance plastic. It significantly reduces vehicle weight, lowers emissions and extends range.
Ultramid® Structure has reinforcing glass fibers added to make the plastic robust and improve its mechanical properties even more. It makes the wheel rims durable enough for continuous use long-term use.
Ultramid® Structure is suitable for any application requiring high strength plus lightweight construction. This is the case in many other areas as well as the car industry.

Replies

• cyberpine
    cyberpine
    Nice information. If the wheels can be plastic, so can a lot more of the car. I'm waiting for an all electric with the motor right in the rear drive axel. In wheel is cool too, but multiple motors add more points of failure IMO.

My dream car is a small RWD electric muscle car with a big rear window that retracts into or over the roof and a tailgate that folds back exposing a long, flat cargo area.

Something like the "Open Cargo Coupe"

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

25 inspirational pumpkin carvings - chicagotribune.com
A lot of students who are new to the web experience face problems in applying online for IIT JEE. If you have any kind of problems related to the application...
It's official that Steve Jobs’ biographer Walter Isaacson and Co-Founder of Apple, Steve Wozniak will be present at the Apple Investor Summit this year. The 2012 AAPL Investor Summit is...
This video will change some of your views about the Google's "Self Driving Cars" project. This technology could really help to achieve some of the goals like - Reducing road...
Gmail has just launched the new look for Gmail and it's immediately available for every user. If you're on gmail, I'd recommend that you should try out its new look...