CrazyEngineers Archive
Old, but evergreen and popular discussions on CrazyEngineers, presented to you in read-only mode.
@gopaldeshpande • 06 Jun, 2012 • 1 like
why is pile foundation preffered to an open footing foundation for a residential building even when hard rock strata is available at a depth of about 6 to 7 metres from the ground level?
@mohsin8561 • 06 Jun, 2012 its because of its ease of work. For open foundation a maximum area is to be excaveted for footing + tie beam etc. In that case the safety of besides of structure is an important factor
but when pile prefere a shore pile or boundry pile is to be casted to retain the soil /earth/structure etc.
but in case of pile several group of pile is laid for one/alternate footings
its also depends on the SBC of soil &
when in case of hard rock strata is available in minimum depth with respect to road level then its difficult to break the rock for required depth of footing
so in that case pile foundation are prefered there are various types of pile foundation ex rotary types of pile.
hope its helpfull for you
7.7k views

Related Posts

@Jason Estibeiro · Mar 17, 2014

A new release of Office 365 was discussed at the SharePoint conference held by Microsoft last week and it christened: Office 365 Personal. Aiming for a Spring release, it is...
4.3k views

@satty lavanya · Sep 20, 2012

Hello, I am Satty from Vishakhapatnam. Can someone tell me about the dielectrics in capacitors? What is their role? How do they function?
3.3k views

@sham24 · Aug 12, 2008

Hi! All , I am totally new to the forum. But i was really moved by the idea CE has come up with; to get in touch with Engineers all...
16.1k views

@Ankita Katdare · May 15, 2013

If you're done waiting for the official launch, here's the news that will cheer you up. Google fans, now you can pre-order the Google Nexus 4 smartphone from Flipkart at...
10.2k views

@Rohit utekar · Jul 6, 2012

HIii..,, im student of Diploma final year INSTRUMENTATION AND CONTROL branch............ so suggest me my final year project....................
7.7k views