Paypal verification using credit / debit card or bank account

Hello,

Paypal gives two options to get verified, either adding bank account details, or the debit card details.

Which option is the best?

And are there any pros or cons of any of the option?

Replies

• [Prototype]
    [Prototype]
    That depends on the purpose of you creating the account.

1. If majority of your transaction will be outgoing, its better to verify with Debit card as you'll readily have a source of funding.

2. If majority of your transaction will be incoming, its better to verify with bank account as you'll need it to withdraw the incoming funds.

In either case, you'll end up adding both sooner or later, but its the question about which one can wait. Depending on the purpose, you may prefer the one.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    I've a verified account and have used Paypal several times for outgoing transactions. I used my Credit Card for the verification and it's working fine. I've also associated a bank account where the money gets withdrawn. But talkinga bout the pros and cons - I'm not aware of any for both these methods.
  • Sanyam Khurana
    Sanyam Khurana
    Do outgoing transactions always need a debit card?

+

Is there any fee difference on the method I take to withdraw funds [I would withdraw from Paypal]
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    Sanyam Khurana

+

Is there any fee difference on the method I take to withdraw funds [I would withdraw from Paypal]
    They normally charges 4-5% of the total amount. And conversation rate is also 1-1.5INR under the current rate. Say if USD to INR is 61.45 paypal will give you around 60.45.
  • [Prototype]
    [Prototype]
    Sanyam Khurana

+

Yes, you need a local payment source either CC or DC. Starting from I guess 2010, Paypal no more allows you to send money from Paypal balance. Leave that aside, it doesn't even allows you to keep the balance itself. I'll be auto withdrawn to your account in a day or two. Curse RBI for that, Paypal is next to useless for Indians.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hello friends,we got a lot of mails in our mail box and we reply some of them and we also created some fresh mails. But the thing is that we...
While Apple fan boys are drooling over the inclusion of Retina Display in the latest iPad Mini and the thin iPad Air, Japan Display Inc. has managed to cram even...
ICANN - the Internet Corporation for Assigned Names & Numbers has announced the first set of new generic Top Level Domains (gTLD). These four new top level domains will now...
I've been reading on the social media and a few blogs that Samsung has began rolling out Android 4.3 firmware upgrade and India's one of the first countries to receive...
Engineers have successfully developed an acoustic system capable of detecting home-made explosives & bombs. The main advantage of the new system is that the bombs can be detected from a...