Password protected PDF opens on Windows, but not on Mac / OSX

I'm facing a strange issue. I've a password protected PDF that I can open with a password on Windows, but the same file cannot be opened on Mac, with the same password. Upon entering the password on Mac, the file says 'Incorrect Password'. I tried using the 'smarter ways' - by trying to open the PDF directly in Gmail; but the issue persists.

I tried opening the file by dragging it directly into Google Chrome (to use the inbuilt PDF viewer); but that too does not work. It looks like the password gets altered (internally) when the operating system changes.

I don't deal with password protected PDFs and this problem is very strange. If anyone knows how to fix it, please share it with us.

Replies

• Abhishek Rawal
    Abhishek Rawal
    Kaustubh Katdare
    It looks like the password gets altered (internally) when the operating system changes.
    LOL!
    PM me pdf and password, I might try it in my arch. If password are altered automatically, it ain't a password ๐Ÿ˜›
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Abhishek Rawal
    LOL!
    PM me pdf and password, I might try it in my arch. If password are altered automatically, it ain't a password ๐Ÿ˜›
    A programming glitch can definitely alter password. I can show you a demo on your CE account password.

Btw, I'm unable to share the PDF as it's supposed to be confidential. Plus, I've been using computers long enough to understand the problem. I'm now looking for a fix.
  • Abhishek Rawal
    Abhishek Rawal
    Kaustubh Katdare
    A programming glitch can definitely alter password. I can show you a demo on your CE account password.

Btw, I'm unable to share the PDF as it's supposed to be confidential. Plus, I've been using computers long enough to understand the problem. I'm now looking for a fix.
    Changing password in web is totally different shit, aint it ?
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    A faulty software can do funny things.
  • Abhishek Rawal
    Abhishek Rawal
    Kaustubh Katdare
    A faulty software can do funny things.
    I would like to see code of it.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Abhishek Rawal
    I would like to see code of it.
    Download Adobe Reader for Mac or Adobe Acrobat. Keep this discussion restricted to the topic; which is about finding a fix to the problem with PDF.
  • Abhishek Rawal
    Abhishek Rawal
    Try using different reader ? Okular ?
  • Anoop Kumar
    Anoop Kumar
    Is it related to keyboard layout โ˜•?

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

When it comes to the world of smartphones, Oukitel isn't just as famous as Apple, Samsung, LG and others. But the company's leaving no stone unturned in getting world's attention....
How many times have you been in a situation where you need to create a professional video or animation clip for your product and service and those services aren't readily...
Hello Every1, Please tell me In final year of engineering ,is it convenient to develop a smart phone application based Project?
Its like a kind of question or may be my review ๐Ÿ˜‰๐Ÿ˜‰ ๐Ÿ˜ News these days have become an Opinion. Many of the newspapers or magazines which I read made...
Hi, I am Munawar Sazali, i'm is one of the engineer at the telecommunication industry in Indonesia. i was been traveling around indonesia for Installation DC power system and Solarcell...