Paper Presentation for the sake of certificates

I recently attended a National Student Convention where we had people from various places of India along with their research papers, study papers, proposal papers.

But i found many people presenting it just for a participation certificate!Like they were not focused on presenting the best paper but they just wanted a certificate,

So why do students just waste their time on this when they are really not interested in it,they could just try something else that they are really interested??

I think one of the reason is that since there is a rule in few places that an engineering student should have presented at least two papers before they complete their course!

So do you think that this is important when people really are not interested?

Replies

• Aashish Joshi
    Aashish Joshi
    Resume consolidating exercise maybe??
  • vishnu priya
    vishnu priya
    But how far will it help people?

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

😁PATTY!!!😁 Have all the happiness in life 😁 :myparty: P.S: I am in a different time zone ! so few you might not see it as his Birthday as of...
how is the scope for a BCA graduates? what are the different types of jobs they can get?
Hey, this is urgent... Recently while booting up my pc, I got the error message "your system has recovered from a serious error".This after restarting automatically a couple of times...
Hello everyone Im Sara, third year of Electronic Engineering from UK. Glad to be here, hope i can learn alot and help you guys if i can. Thank you
Hello guys , I want to do a project which is DSP related. What are your thoughts and ideas? Thank you