Order of Filters

Mostly filters are designed of which order?
Is it greater than 4.

Replies

• Jeffrey Arulraj
    Jeffrey Arulraj
    What filter are you talking about many types of filters come in to my mind now
  • Tarun Goel
    Tarun Goel
    jeffrey samuel
    What filter are you talking about many types of filters come in to my mind now
    No, actually i'm asking that normally what order we use e.g LPF.
  • arunchary
    arunchary
    it varies with topic vise like DSP,and other topic like analog and digital type,
    so please mention the topic...
  • Jeffrey Arulraj
    Jeffrey Arulraj
    Can you be more exact we are little confused due to higher scope of answer to this question
  • Nishant Patel
    Nishant Patel
    it doesn't make sense...its up to designer at which order he wants to use. Increased order normally gives sharp cut-off,which is nearer to ideal filters.
    and some dsp processors can use up to 100th order filter.

(though theoretically you might 've studied only upto 4th order for different windows)

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Can we put "solar panel or embedded solar chips" on the roof of the car and by modify it we can use solar energy as a fuel to run it?...
why dont we use solar energy for towers by fixing solar panels to towers and produce power for towers
I would just like to know that what is the difference between exit,exit(0) and exit(1).Please help me.
Hi, Could anybody suggest a brief explanation of .inc extension file. I want its main purpose compared with other extension files. 😉
i am a nigerian, a graduate in electronics and computer. still pushing forward to know more on electronics and computer. right now, i am a technologist in one of the...