Online UPS Vs Enumerble Voltage Stabilizers

Background: I happen to live in a Delhi NCR Condo where there is 24 hour power back up. There are frequent power cuts, voltage drops and fluctuations.
While the power is backed up in less than 2 minutes, voltage drops and fluctuates randomly catching one unaware.
Problem: While my 4 Split ACs are secured each by Voltage stabilizer, I have lost a TV, Bose Radio to these fluctuations besides innumerable bulbs so much so am still thinking of not changing to good LED lights. Like any normal household we have geysers, Washing Machine and even a drier. I also have LP record player which is motor based.
Post quite a bit of reading, I am not sure STILL whether a
1. Online UPS (say 5KV brand APC) for the whole home or
2. More individual stabilizers or
3. Voltage Stabilizer for Light line for the whole home and a Voltage Stabiliser for rest of the lines is the right choice.

It sounds logical that since our condo has power back a UPS may not be necessary, at the same time an Online UPS could give consistent flow with little fluctuations.

Thank you.

Rabe
NOIDA

Replies

• lal
    lal
    Should you consider using an Isolation transformer and a servo stabiliser 😁 That would take stabilisation to industrial levels, at least to some extent.

But, seriously speaking, a stabiliser for the lighting loads is what I find apt rather than a huge UPS. As you mentioned, its logical considering the power back up you have at the condominium. It is better to individually stabilise power loads like air conditioners and refrigerators. Geysers and driers are resistive loads and you can forget about any stabilisation for them.
  • Rabe
    Rabe
    Many thanks for shedding light 😀

Sounds Simpler and easier to get done than perhaps getting lost in choosing an online UPS.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

I am looking forward to participate and be part of this unique group and this has come about, thanks to my citizenary interest in alternate power sources and environment. In...
hello, I'm utibeabasi a newly registered member. please what are the major challenges faced by structural eng ineers?
Weekend is here and you might have already begun executing the relaxation splurge that you planned in the first five days of the week. Whether it’s a visit to a...
Good evening every one. My name is rajan. I have done b.tech in electronics ans communication With 72%(2015)after that i completed php training it's 4month training after that i did...
Hi fellow CEans, I recently completed my Bachelors in Mechanical Engineering. I wish to pursue my Masters in Industrial Design, product and transportation design to be specific. However, because of...