Official-Toyota camry Hybrid ready to "roar"

Yes guys . its true and official report from karnataka.Its a toyota camry hybrid media drive today held at Karnataka and the company has stated that Toyota camry hybrid is ready to make its entry in India as ARAI has certified it and do you believe it?It has produced an economy of 19.16 km/litre.
Toyota-Camry 2008-toyota

After its success in E-class segment(it acquired 20% market share in salloon market) and internationally hybrid vehicles sales hit 5million units ,Toyota gained the confidence and planned to make its hybrid model. now its here ready after certification.
Specification:
  • Electric(power-44bhp)
  • 2.5litre engine (power-158bhp)
  • Transmission-electronically controlled CVT
  • Combined power output-205PS(203bhp)
  • Co2 emission-122.8g/km
  • New headlights,3-zone AC
Do you know one thing?
Toyota Camry is the first Indian hybrid car fully produced locally.
Post your reviews on this Hybrid.
source:#-Link-Snipped-#

Replies

• Anil Jain
    Anil Jain
    Problem with the toyota / Nissan hybrid cars is there Hybrid batteries die after around 100000-150000 Km's. And the cost of the battery and installation charges are more than 200000, so I would not suggest the Hybrid car of Nissan / toyota.

I am not sure the how the mentioned mileage is calculated. Because if its hybrid (automatic), I was expecting mileage in upper 30's 😏

PS: This is my own experience.

-CB
  • Nayan Goenka
    Nayan Goenka
    crazyboy
    Problem with the toyota / Nissan hybrid cars is there Hybrid batteries die after around 100000-150000 Km's. And the cost of the battery and installation charges are more than 200000, so I would not suggest the Hybrid car of Nissan / toyota.

I am not sure the how the mentioned mileage is calculated. Because if its hybrid (automatic), I was expecting mileage in upper 30's 😏

PS: This is my own experience.

-CB

The number of kms you are talking in the rage of 100000s. That kind of drive will screw a lot of things. Plus I don't expect a lot of people holding on to that kind of usage. And I suppose after a 100000 kms, we need to dissemble the engine for power service, so that itself screws the car.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Can anyone explain as to what does "concrete class B50" means?
external hard disk is not detected by the computer after the error 'window-delayed error' problem is shown by the hdd??? pls tell me the solution asap...
hi when i am trying to connect to internet via mblaze i am getting an error as ppp link control protocol was terminated, what should i do now? i am...
I want some solution that how to download the videos from youtube like some toutorials using idm or other downloader like real player downloader is unable to do so. The...
Brackets community have worked very hard to bring BRACKETS to the Linux community. This code-editor can be replacement of gEdit. But again, Sublime kills 'em all as I have seen...