NVIDIA SLI ( Scalable Link Interface ) Technology

I bet we have lot of electronics enthusiasts here who would like to discuss the SLI technology developed by folks at NVIDIA.

So, let's get started, people! 😀

Replies

• Prasad Ajinkya
    Prasad Ajinkya
    Hmm .. have read about this, does it not enable two GPUs to work in parallel thus enabling a much better output at a cheaper cost?
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    That's right. You fit two cards on the same motherboard & link them externally.

The performance, almost doubles!
  • Prasad Ajinkya
    Prasad Ajinkya
    Awesome, most desktops come with SLI based cards. So that you can go ahead and have two video cards, exchanging data between themselves on a faster link.

But tell me one thing, doesnt the software have to be compliant to SLI?
  • Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    Is it true you can only use SLI on two identical GPUs? Its not possible to mix two different NVIDIA cards which allows for SLI?

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

CEans, For ages, we haven't seen any innovation in bicycle design. Maybe I'm not aware of the latest innovations in bicycles. I think we CEans can have a good discussions...
so you download a key generator, it does indeed spit a code - then what! The program wants to go on line, and immediately says invalid code - what am...
I have an automotive project that I'd like to use a CPLD or FPGA in. My inputs and outputs are all 5 volt and I would like to keep the...
hi everybody ..... i needed help in gettin information about the project i'm doin ...... DTMF home automation system using telephone is the title of the project
Hi! I am your new friend name Mitesh I wanted some information about EXTC Degree colleges near Pune side If anyone has some information about which college will be better...