Number of correct answers!

A student appeared for a maths exam. He was given 100 problems to solve. He tried to solve all of them correctly but some of them went wrong. Any how he scored 85.
His score was calculated by subtracting two times the number of wrong answers from the number of correct answers.
Can you tell how many problems he solved correctly?

Replies

• Morningdot Hablu
    Morningdot Hablu
    Let no of wrong answer=x.
    so no of correct answer=(100-x).
    (100-x)-2x=85.
    100-85=3x.
    x=5.
    so the no of correct answer=100-5=95.
  • Tejashree Katdare
    Tejashree Katdare
    mohit007kumar00
    Let no of wrong answer=x.
    so no of correct answer=(100-x).
    (100-x)-2x=85.
    100-85=3x.
    x=5.
    so the no of correct answer=100-5=95.
    Your solution to this is correct

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Finally, the Rupee will have a symbol like the Dollar ($) or the Euro (€) or the Pound (£). On 15th of July 2010 cabinet, finalized the design for the...
How is the course of Sikkim Manipal Uni..... MBA Banking & Finance, guys I require your opinion as I am very keen in joining this course. Do Banks accept this...
Hello i m final year student of electronics engg. I m searching for projects. Can anybody help me? I have some ideas---- 1. USB jack for TV to play media...
Match each word in the first column with its definition in the second column. 1. incandescent------------a. increase 2. incantation--------------b. make very angry 3. incense-----------------c. beginning 4. incessant---------------d. chant 5. incipient----------------e....
1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 Here are the nine digits. Can you arrange the nine digits in order from left to right and + or -...