NOT To Do List - At Office

Share your view on this topic 😁

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    1. Argue with the manager.
  • Radhika Deshpande
    Radhika Deshpande
    2. DO NOT be Active on social networks( If it is not blocked.)
    It will create bad impression on your working colleagues and that you will come to know in your performance review for sure.
  • Gurjeet Singh
    Gurjeet Singh
    Eatble things not to be eat on desk.downloading of any freeware or unauthorised data.
  • aj_onduty
    aj_onduty
    Do not talk first. Listen and talk. At least, research before you talk.
  • Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Never sit beside the person you are reporting to!!

*from personal experience*
  • Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Never expect your lead will have brain and will assess you properly.

*again from experience*
  • aj_onduty
    aj_onduty
    @ES, Dear friend, YOU ARE RIGHT. I second that, I support that view of his strongly. 😁
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Haha 😁 Even I used to sit next to my manager 😁

* Don't look 'fresh' & 'active' at any point of time. It makes people believe that you're not doing any work*

*From Experience* πŸ˜›
  • makru921
    makru921
    Do not walk in the corridors without having at least a sheet of paper in your hand. A bunch would be ideal.. And dont walk slow, especially if there are people aroundπŸ˜€
  • Sahithi Pallavi
    Sahithi Pallavi
    Oh! Are they really NOT to do's?

Learning a quite lot of things from our CEans - Good Experienced Employees πŸ˜€
  • YOUNGGRASSHOPPER
    YOUNGGRASSHOPPER
    1. Do not get involved in personal disputes between employees.

2. Do not worry about what other employees are doing or not doing when it comes to work ethics unless you are asked or assigned that responabilty.

3. Do not let your Quality of work become poor.

4. Do not be late to work.

5. Do not miss work as much as humanly possable.

6. Do not become inconsistent in your work. If a customer detects inconsistencies they will examine your work harshly.

7. Do not fail to ask a question if you do not know the answer.

8. Do not be disorganized.

All from personal experiance and watching other.
  • Neema Ambhurkar
    Neema Ambhurkar
    One at work should have patience.
  • Deepika Bansal
    Deepika Bansal
    Wonderful 1st tip YoungGrassHopper...
    And for second point, what if when we are in a team...??
  • Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Saandeep Sreerambatla
    I personally liked the points 1, 2 , 4 and 5!!

@Deepika: IF you are in a team , donot compare whether others are working or not unless you are asked to do so πŸ˜€
  • Deepika Bansal
    Deepika Bansal
    English-Scared
    I personally liked the points 1, 2 , 4 and 5!!

@Deepika: IF you are in a team , donot compare whether others are working or not unless you are asked to do so πŸ˜€
    Oho this is the actual problem with me...I want all the members of the team to contribute and if this doesn't happens then I dont let them contribute and do all the work alone...... this is so because i want my work to be done perfectly and before deadline.. This is what engineering is all about.... isn't it.??
  • Sahithi Pallavi
    Sahithi Pallavi
    Deepika Bansal
    Oho this is the actual problem with me...I want all the members of the team to contribute and if this doesn't happens then I dont let them contribute and do all the work alone...... this is so because i want my work to be done perfectly and before deadline.. This is what engineering is all about.... isn't it.??
    you are right!

@ES : Are you sure?
  • gohm
    gohm
    Don't date co-workers
    Don't drink straight from the water cooler =)
    Don't take your shoes off
    Don't leave paperwork sitting on the copier
  • YOUNGGRASSHOPPER
    YOUNGGRASSHOPPER
    @Deepika : If you are given authority over the team then yes you probably should say something. But if you are an equal to all members of your team you could try pulling the team member aside and respectfully tell him your concerns. If either of you become hostile end the conversation and walk away. If after addressing the issue with the team member in question has not produced good results then consider talking to a supervisor. Let the supervisor know that you tried giving the team member some friendly encouragement to do better but it did not seem to help. Then mention that you are concerned about the effectiveness of the team as a whole and that objectives may not be met in a timely fashion.
    I would just mention it once and in a peacefull tone. After that all you can do is do your best to do your job until the supervisor sees for himself what is going on.
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    gohm
    Don't date co-workers
    Don't drink straight from the water cooler =)
    Don't take your shoes off
    Don't leave paperwork sitting on the copier
    Could not help laughing! :-D
  • Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Saandeep Sreerambatla
    sahithi pallavi
    you are right!

@ES : Are you sure?
    Yeah, I am sure!

There are issues in our current team now and most of the issues are because everyone assume that they are good and working better than others! so never ever think what others are doing.
  • Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Deepika Bansal

@Deepika: I am sorry but you are not correct , since if a task is given to say 5 people and 4 are not perfect. Will you be able to complete the task of all the others before deadline? If that is done then they will get habituated.

So I would say complete your work on time perfectly, then motivate them to do the task perfectly.

So, what work you are talking about here? Is it in office or a college project related?
  • Deepika Bansal
    Deepika Bansal
    Thank you YoungGrassHopper and ES.......This is the answere I wanted to listen.......
    You assured me that I am doing right......Actually during my previous projects i did the same..... so...πŸ˜€πŸ˜€
  • Mr.Don
    Mr.Don
    1.Work - very Hard

• Radhika Deshpande
    Radhika Deshpande
    Wow .. so many not to do things.. great guys.. experience does matter πŸ˜‰
  • Reya
    Reya
    Got shocked to see the long list of NOT To DO's in office!

Anything else guys??
  • Sahithi Pallavi
    Sahithi Pallavi
    praveena211
    Got shocked to see the long list of NOT To DO's in office!

Anything else guys??
    Even me too!
    Waiting for more shocking things πŸ˜€
    Keep it in mind pravee. You wanna follow all these since you are placed πŸ˜€
  • shreyasm89
    shreyasm89
    What an awesome list! I think any further additions to this will make us supremely conscious at work! Nevertheless thanks for the checklist, will make it a point to follow it!

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

hi....alll...i'm new to this forum.doing my third year eng(cse).wish to start my preparation for aps...how do i start wid??...give me sum suggestions πŸ˜€
I am new for this forum. I am here because I like to share ideas. So, please keep sharing your knowledge. Thanks,
hello Hemant what is c++???????
About Nurture Talent Academy Nurture Talent Academy (India's 1st institute for training entrepreneurs) is India's 1st institute for training entrepreneurs and startups. Our objective is to enable 1000 startups to...
This Movie is releasing in May 2011. I can't wait to watch. Check out the trailer 😁 Pure Awesomeness [video=youtube;3jkMSZbBrO4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3jkMSZbBrO4[/video]