Nokia E7 Now In India. It's Got Clear Black AMOLED Screen & secure VPN!

Lot of NOKIA enthusiasts were desperately waiting for E7 to launch in India. Finally, the phone has been launched in India at around 29k INR. The official price is not known yet but I've all the reasons to believe that this is an overpriced phone. On the good side, it's got a clear black AMOLED screen and 8 megapixel hi-def video recording camera. E7 is a business phone and has all the real time email features with active sync.

The eye-popping feature I notice in this phone is the presence of secure VPN (Virtual Private Network). Which means you can access your company's intranet if you have the sufficient user credentials to login. Typically not many business phones have this feature. The phone's got an impressive battery (1200 mAh) which would easily make this phone last for at least 3 days on regular usage.

As expected this 3G phone has all the regular features you'd expect in any smart phone including GPS, Bluetooh, Wi-fi, file reader and mail software. Again one innovative feature I notice is the presence of extra microphone that cancels the noise in real time to produce a clear sound output.

The price in India is around 29k INR, which I think is way too high for this phone. Do you think the price is justified? Share your opinion.

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Here's a video of the phone. TOI quotes the price at 36k 😐

[video=youtube;gqnh0PQSW9E]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gqnh0PQSW9E&feature=player_embedded[/video]
  • lal
    lal
    Dont forget to mention the USB on the go (OTG) support. It is really bundled with lots and lots of features. The QWERTY keyboard will be a boon to type messages or emails. Massive 256 MB ram and 680 MHz processor helps the device perform any operation very smooth. Though E7 is released as a Business phone, its bundled with lots of multimedia features too. There is even a GPU in E7.

But, at this price it could have been better!
    An 8MP camera with no auto focus. Its fixed focus in E7!
    No card slot for memory cards! There is 16GB inbuilt memory. But still..!
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Darn! Fixed Focus!
  • ednir
    ednir
    Great news, one more impressive phone!

The_Big_K
    The eye-popping feature I notice in this phone is the presence of secure VPN (Virtual Private Network). Which means you can access your company's intranet if you have the sufficient user credentials to login. Typically not many business phones have this feature.
    Sure this is probably the most important features for any business smart phone.
    PPTP VPN was a missing part on Nokia phones for very long time. Finally SymVPN software is available for Nokia phones and now users can connect to their business and home computers over secure PPTP VPN connection.

Here is a video on How to Setup VPN on Nokia phone.

[video=youtube;jIrbc-aaDXQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jIrbc-aaDXQ[/video]
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Thanks for the update, Ednir 😀 Just wondering whether there's VPN software available for other mobile operating systems?
  • ednir
    ednir
    VPN software is available for many mobile operating systems: Symbian (S60), Windows Mobile, Android, Apple iPhone.
    Many VPN providers are offering detailed instructions on how to set up VPN on different platforms, including mobiles. For example: #-Link-Snipped-#
  • lal
    lal
    But I guess VPN doesn't make this device so special. Because even the low end smart phones, in business segment, like Nokia E63 has this.
    I personally believe it won't be a good buy at this price!
  • md.tahir
    md.tahir
    thxs fr d info...
    what is the official site? as I m unable to see it even on nokia.co.in, evn i agree tht d PRICE is a bit too HIGH bt I m sure/confident tht it wl cm down close to 25K in couple of weeks...
    I m realy interested in taking 1...bt dnt knw whethr i wl able to hold dis in my hand in d nxt couple of days or nt....
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    md.tahir
    thxs fr d info...
    what is the official site? as I m unable to see it even on nokia.co.in, evn i agree tht d PRICE is a bit too HIGH bt I m sure/confident tht it wl cm down close to 25K in couple of weeks...
    I m realy interested in taking 1...bt dnt knw whethr i wl able to hold dis in my hand in d nxt couple of days or nt....
    Here's the official link: #-Link-Snipped-#
  • md.tahir
    md.tahir
    its not having any info regarding the Official Launch of E7....evn nt in any ONLINE site (indian site) is currently offering dis fone & i wanna hold dis soon...or u cn say ASAP
  • lal
    lal
    What is your say about the Capacitive touch screen?
    We cant use stylus here. Have to use our fingers.
    I feel working with capacitive touch a bit uneasy. Resisitive seems better for me. With the stylus, chances for error is less. And we can use any thing to touch.
    But in capacitive, fingers is a must! I agree its durable and faster.

@Tahir, consider other similar phones also. You may chek N8, C7, C6 and N900 too. I feel N8 is a step ahead of E7.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Nokia Addiction? Well, if your budget allows, go with Samsung Galaxy S. It's worth every buck. Or wait for Samsung Galaxy S2 to launch in next two days.
  • lal
    lal
    Wow galaxy. I never thought of this before, till biggie mentioned here.

That would be a great choice. Running on Android 2.1 with 512MB ram and a whoooping 1 GHz processor. Its really a mini computer. There wont be any hiccups in its operation.
    16 GB internal memory with card slot (up to 32GB). A descent 5MP camera with autofocus and lot of other features. And even better video recording - 720P at 30fps (thats better than E7 or N8). It even includes a ISDB-Tb Digital TV tuner (sigh! But only in the Brazilian version). And a 1.5 Ah battery.

But! It would have been better if there was a flash and a shutter key. But without shutterkey its even better here, just touch in view finder where to focus and thats it.. target locked locked! You would also miss stereo fm. Its just mono in Galaxy.

Considering the better features and powerful hardware at 29K, its gonna be a better buy.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Samsung Galaxy Tab owners - help me with your own reviews of the battery life on the tab. I've been reading reviews that the battery life is impressive but not...
I stumbled upon this update on Engadget - Update: Well, this is a bit crazy. It was brought to our attention that the Tab cannot be charged via a laptop...
i've to do a project in c++ only. i want it to be somewhat related to electrical also. means electrical side in come c++ programming.. please suggest me some topics...
Oracle,the world largest company is recruiting B.E/B.Tech students with 1 year experience in IT field. Designation:Java/J2ee Developer Job Description: 1. BE / B.Tech in Computer Science or equivalent 2. Experience...
Getmenift.com provides Web development internship who hold good experience in 1.UI /database design and open source development languages like PHP /MySQL to apply for the internship. They also encourage students...