Nokia 108 Price In India Could Be Rs. 2000 - Specs Reveal Cheapest Camera Phone

Nokia, the Finnish mobile manufacturer has unveiled two new feature phones, the Nokia 108 and Nokia 108 Dual-SIM. Both the phones have been given a price tag of $29 (Rs. 1,817 approximately) not considering the taxes. So, we can guess at a price of around Rs. 2000-2200. The good news is that, though these phones start shipping in Q4, the Nokia 108 Dual-SIM has already been listed on Nokia's official Indian site. Apart from the Dual SIM (GSM+GSM) functionality, there's no difference between the tech specs of these phones. Let us take a look at their features one by one.

The Nokia 108 features dimensions of 110.4x47x13.5mm and weighs 70.2 grams. There's a standard 1.8-inch QQVGA (128x160 resolution) display. Powered by the 950mAh battery that can deliver up to 14 hours of talktime, and up to 600 hours of standby time (for the dual-SIM variant), the Nokia 108 has got 4 MB of RAM and an expandable storage support via microSD card. They also sport a VGA rear camera without flash. The phones are based on Nokia's Series 30+ software.

Nokia_108_Dual-SIM

Along with all that the Nokia 108 also features Bluetooth connectivity and Nokia's very own Slam functionality. While using Slam, users can transfer data and images with other Slam capable devices by just a touch of the devices. Equipped FM radio and MP3 player, the Nokia 108 is a perfect low-cost entertainment phone. The Nokia 108 and Nokia 108 Dual-SIM will be available in company's signature Black, Cyan, Red, White, and Yellow colors.

Commenting on the launch, Timo Toikkanen, executive vice president, Mobile Phones, Nokia said, "We continue to connect millions of people, including those for whom mobile phone ownership was previously out of reach. There remains a huge segment of the global population that has yet to own a camera phone. For the next billion people and beyond, we aim to bring new mobile experiences to ever-lower price points, and the Nokia 108 and Nokia 108 Dual-SIM are great examples of this commitment."

Here's a promotional video from the company. Take a look -

Replies

• Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    Its a great phone out there by Nokia- the bar phone king.The slam is a feature that attracts me and I am eager to try that one. Lower middle clasa will get benefit by this one.
  • Anil Jain
    Anil Jain
    Nokia has also revealed about the Nokia 107 as well.
    That is also pricing in the same range, probably couple of hundreds cheaper. Same features a ultra low end camera, music player; probably doesn't have slam functionality (probable reason of low price).

-CB
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    At that price, they could also make perfect souvenirs of the Nokia of old, for phone fans before the company becomes the Microsoft of new. They even come with Snake pre-installed for those who really want a trip down mobile phone memory lane.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

During training in BHEL somehow I know that recently Indian railway is replacing DC traction motors by induction motors but I failed to know how the speed control is done...
Today, as we celebrate Onam all over the world, I take this moment to wish all CEans a very Happy and Prosperous Onam. ​For those who don't know about this...
Who is the present INDIAN RAILWAY MINISTER? I searched over net but it is showing different ministers.
Hello everyone... I want to change my display name. Can i change it? if yes then how can i ? Do reply please.... 😀 thanks
hi i am a student of 7th semester of telecom i want to do a project which is based on nanotech but unfortunately i cannot get any guidance about where...