NIT Hamirpur(H.P.) presents NIMBUS 2011

NIT Hamirpur(H.P.) presents NIMBUS 2011

Amidst the backdrop of the skylining Dhauladhar range, NIT Hamirpur , a premier engineering institute is all set to host NIMBUS 2011,its annual technical festival ,starting 3rd March till 6th March. NIMBUS 2011 promises to be a unification of academic intellect and industrial expertise. Operating on the theme ALCHEMY: Resurrecting detritus, (with the basic concept of Scrap Management), ALCHEMY also endeavours to cover genres of RURAL INDIA and Da Vinci Machines. Under the effective leadership of Sh. Siddhartha, the faculty co-ordinator and Saurav Agarwala , the student secretary , NIMBUS ought to be a grand success. NIMBUS 2011 hereby presents enthralling lecture sessions by Dr Vic Hayes, The Father of Wi-Fi, Dr Peter Norvic, Director of Research at Google Inc , Dr. Nikolaos Mavridis, Director- Interactive Robots and Media, Dr. Giorgio Metta, a humanoid robotics expert, Mr. Arvind Kejriwal, an Indian social activist , Dr. Manish Gupta, Director of IBM Research - India and Chief Technologist for IBM South Asia and Dr. Suryaprakash Kompalli, Research Scientist at HP Labs India.
The major attractions include a plethora of events comprising The Da Vinci Events , replicating any design of Leonardo Da Vinci,either in form of working models or structures and Papyrus – the paper presentation contest , marathon and Auto – Expo. ALCHEMY also focuses on the implementation of Waste Management and Rural Engineering principles. Contriv-ware , the open hardware and software competition , is going to be a perfect platform for the innovators to display their talent. Not only this ,the gaming instinct of each of us is bound to get a boost with ‘ Back To Bedlam’ presenting all time favourites including Counter Strike, NFS Most Wanted ,FIFA, Age Of Empires and Warcraft. Even a pre NIMBUS event of ‘Junior Einstein’ a model making cum exhibition competition, made everybody witness a first time interaction between the institute and school students.
The other highlights of the technical extravaganza include exhibitions by Intel and by Dr Iqbal Ahmad on miniature engineering along with the demonstrations of Infinity Mirrors , the water screen and the awe striking and ever glistening LED cube . Apart from this ‘Wall Graffiti’ and the very unique concept of ‘ Sand Animation’ along with laser and bubble shows are actually going to be very interesting to witness. The presentation on fireflies and ‘Robotica’ encompassing robo design and robowars are all going to feed the curiousity of the minds having that a technical bent. Even the adventure sports and ‘ Battle of Bands ‘ are going to rock the stage!
With numerous efforts being put in, we all hope that NIMBUS 2011 proves to be grand success!

For more details, please log on to : #-Link-Snipped-#

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

hey everyone! I have to give GRE exam but i am confused which one shall I give new or old pattern. I am not taking any coaching that means i...
Hey guys !!! 😀... I m new here ... bt feels nt so isolated to be wth crazy engineers ;-).. I m in my 3rd year of Btech in ECE...
Hey guys, I'm doing a project on wireless notice board, and my codes are in assembly language 1. The wireless module is zigbee, and it's from pc to PIC, 2....
Hi friends, I wanted to do a summer internship.I wanted info about various companies related to Mechanical like Alfa Laval,Mahindra & Mahindra etc which are located in Maharashtra,Bharat.I would be...
I'm doing B.Tech EEE .. I'm really confused of selecting ma higher studies... I need to earn good salary... Plz help me