Networking or Database Administration?

Hi all,
I want your advice in deciding whether i should go for career in networking or in database administartion.
For 6 months i worked on networks,then i changed my job.and in my present job,most of the work is on SQL and i don't know the ABCD of SQL or DBMS.
Restrictions:- Networks interest me a lot but cann't change the track before 18 months to networks as per the company policy.18 months is too long time to wait,
what all u think??????
i am in a real mess........

Will the certifications(like CCNA) work for me while working on SQL for next 18 months.i think that would not in any way.
what all you think?????????/
counting on your suggestions...........

Replies

• devesh
    devesh
    hey Big_k i am waiting for the reply atleast from your side if no one else is replying..
  • MaRo
    MaRo
    I like Networks more than databases, Networks like babies need everything from you and can make up your day or make you sad, they're interactive it's career is widely opened, while databases like adult ordinary people no more innovation with ordinary orders and jobs no challenges.

May be it's a vague example but this what I feel about both careers 😁

Go with Networks you'll never loose 😀
  • devesh
    devesh
    thanks a lot Maro.
    you have cleared my doubts.
    anybody else who can suggest something more???????

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

CEans, Most of you must have heard about the GRID computing. I've heard few people say that its Internet 2.0. I, however, think that its not something 'new'. Or is...

job

i want foreign job immediatedly please help me how to apply
Well, Im not a new member of CE exactly. Just been inactive for quite a while. So I thought Ill take the liberty to re-introduce myself. Well, as is obvious,...
guys I saw few requests for books in computer science section,regarding books review,request for books such things.what is the use of opening a section in chit-chat with book sub-section. guys...
hi guys.. Their is not much activity in the CE-Infocus section.The latest UPDATES in the field of engineering have to find its place here.we have to do some search for...