Need of # in header file declaration

Hi members,
what is need of # in header files like
#include?

Replies

• rahul69
    rahul69
    # is a preprocessor directive. I think it helps the Linker to link the required libraries. It tells the preprocessing required to be done before compilation. It has other uses also as in
    # define x 30 where x is replaced by 30 everywhere in the program. Hope this helps 😀
  • anmolsingh6161
    anmolsingh6161
    its not important to include libraries in ur program..................
  • vinci
    vinci
    I dont agree with Apprentice.
    Libraries are an important part of c programs and we need to include them to us e components insie them
    for example in a c++ program,without #include
    how can we use cin and cout?
  • PraveenKumar Purushothaman
    PraveenKumar Purushothaman
    # is the syntax of the compiler to understand it as a directive, where #include and #define are pre-processor directives! 😀

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hello, I am currently working on a project and I am having issues finding a gearbox for my engineering project. I have searched several sources like eBay and I have...
I have been using a DELL PC for quite sometime now. However I am seeing certain drawbacks. For one thing, I cannot go anywhere taking it. So I am thinking...
The Question was: Year was 1963. 4 youngsters had booked some rooms in a hotel. The group consisted of 2 girls : Nancy and Drew and 2 boys : Jim...
I want to perform automatic update on multiple servers automatically as soon as i commit changes on my code More specifically I have multiple instances of my code and i...
Hola, Let us share some amazing tongue twisters here. I will set the ball rolling. 1. how much wood would a woodchuck chuck, if a woodchuck could chuck wood. 2....