need modeling/simulating software for attemperator project

Hello ,
I need to use the right software to model/simulate a design of an air-atomizing (attemperator) unit in the outlet of a heat recovery pipe
The basic design of the system is that it will consists of eleven of the nozzles arranged in a ring inside the pipe
This design is for a final year project, and I must find someway to show that this design will work (hence the need for the software)
The idea of the system is that the air water atomizing (attemperator) will remove heat from the gas causing it to have a smaller volume which will increase
The mass flow of gas and hence move more gas, this will in turn boost production

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Regards,
Randall Seepersad

Replies

• debu
    debu
    @bigbadwolfe: If you have a clearly defined model, you could use #-Link-Snipped-# in conjunction with #-Link-Snipped-# to simulate your attemperator.
    In the company where I work, we regularly use it for simulating various fluid dynamics along with the mechanical, and hydraulic systems in the same model.
    Hope this Helps.

Regards,

Debu 😀

• bigbadwolfe
    bigbadwolfe
    trying to stay away from matlab any other suggestions????
  • debu
    debu
    In your PM you wrote... (i'm posting my reply here, so that other CEans can add their views and replies) 😀
    Hello Debu,
    Thank you for taking the time to reply
    i was trying to stay away from matlab because i find it difficult to use.

i have a definite basic design, i tried to attach it but no luck,please send me your email address and i will forward it to you

do you have any other suggestions???
    someone told me i could use autodesk inventor.....
    but i dont know

regards,
    randy
    @randy: Autodesk Inventor would be useless for anything else except mechanical simulation. In your design to correctly simulate gas/fluid movement you would need to get the equations for simulating fluid turbulence, probably something like the Navier Stokes Equations and maybe the Lattice Boltzmann Methods methods for putting the particles on the grid. I doubt that any thing apart form MatLab could handle so much parallel computing. You could use SimScape to build a 3D model to visually show the simulation. First step would be to have a very clearly defined mathematical model for the entire simulation.
    Hope this helps,

Regards,

Debu 😀

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

I am planning to make Automatic sliding doors as my 3rd year project(like we use in malls) but can't get any info,circuits on net.Could you please tell me from where...
I am thinking to make a project on "online library manegment system". but i am not gettin how should i proceed. How should i start? pls give me some tips...
hii friends please tell me how can i implement chat in my web project..............
i am planning to do a recipe management system so i need somebody to guide me on the ER diagrams.please help me out
hii friends .... I want to read XML ... please suggest me the best book for XML or the best way to read this... because i am trying to read...