Need important career advice.

Hello everyone,
I need a very imp career advice.I have completed my be from extc in which I had no interest.honestly I didn't knew of my interest until I completed my be.I began researching in it field coz I found it best option financially for my future.I started learning Java and I was totaaly immersed into it.seriously if you ask me to code in Java for straight 3 days w/o sleeping I would do it. then I started looking for job and found a job as a Java developer .but as the company was a small firm they didn't had any projects in Java instead I had to learn php and HTML and I couldn't change the job bcoz of my financial condition.but now I have completed 1 1/2 years over here and now I want to switch to Java.
My question is will I find it difficult to switch from php to java .also will my experience in php have any relevance when I go for Java.plzzzz help me out I am totally depressed thinking about it and can't decide what to do next .

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    aziz warsi
    My question is will I find it difficult to switch from php to java
    Better to actually start looking for a job than thinking if it'll be difficult.

aziz warsi
    also will my experience in php have any relevance when I go for Java
    No, it will not be relevant. However, a company may hire you for your programming experience in general.
    aziz warsi
    plzzzz help me out I am totally depressed thinking about it and can't decide what to do next .
    First thing you should do is build a demonstrable expertise in Java. You could either opt for a certification and/or develop a personal portfolio of Java based projects. Then take those projects to your potential recruiters and tell them that you're desperate to make a switch to Java.

I'm quite sure that is the right way to get into your dream job.
  • aziz warsi
    aziz warsi
    I have done a small project myself creating a small shopping site in Java using jsp servlets Java mysql java script .also should I go for ocpjp certification
    Thnks
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    aziz warsi
    I have done a small project myself creating a small shopping site in Java using jsp servlets Java mysql java script .also should I go for ocpjp certification
    Thnks
    Look for the job openings and the certifications, tools, technologies they ask for. Then go for relevant certification.
  • aziz warsi
    aziz warsi
    I know I am getting little irritating but can you plzz tell me what more things I can learn related to java.
    Really appreciate your time
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    aziz warsi
    I know I am getting little irritating but can you plzz tell me what more things I can learn related to java.
    First things to understand - it's not how many different things you know. It's about how deeply do you know about Java. You should look for job openings in your location and see what technologies companies are hiring for. Then pick those technologies and build your skills-set.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

After graduating as a Civil Engineer from IIT Roorkee in the year 2010, Shubham Goyal started working in the O&M department at BHEL. After 3 years there, Shubham shifted jobs...
The idea of a fully customizable smartphone started when the Dutch designer Dave Hakkens introduced the concept of PhoneBlocks in 2013 to minimize e-waste and asked the world to support...
While we scream in support of 21st century and its advancements, we must not forget that to emerge as one of the greatest nations in terms of technology and communication,...
The usual smartphones, computers and tablets aside, ASUS unveiled their new creation, their most ambitious one yet at their annual Computex event with the Zenbo. The ASUS Zenbo was conceptualised...
Today we announce the winners of the "Hunt for India's Best Academic Project - 2016" competition. Past 5 months were super exciting for everyone of us - the participants and...