CrazyEngineers
  • What type of sensor i can use to determine the rotation of wheel and use it to turn the head lights. Actually my project is about automatic turning of head Lights in 4 wheeler according to the turn of the front wheel. This would help the people to see the road at night before taking a turn.​
    Replies
Howdy guest!
Dear guest, you must be logged-in to participate on CrazyEngineers. We would love to have you as a member of our community. Consider creating an account or login.
Replies
  • Harshad Italiya

MemberDec 25, 2011

Well if you want to measure the rotation then you can use proximity sensor, but as you told you want to detect it in car then no need to install any sensor there is one sensor you can tap that wire and detect rotation of wheel.
    Are you sure? This action cannot be undone.
    Cancel
  • Suresh Manickam

MemberDec 25, 2011

godfather
    Well if you want to measure the rotation then you can use proximity sensor, but as you told you want to detect it in car then no need to install any sensor there is one sensor you can tap that wire and detect rotation of wheel.
    Thank you for your reply, but i am not asking about rotation of wheel, im asking about the turning of wheel from left-centre-right turn. I want a sensor to measure the turn of wheel and turn the head lights accordingly.
    Cancel
  • Harshad Italiya

MemberDec 25, 2011

Oh! Then we can put one sensor in stearing and have you any idea how will you modified headlight? You need to install some stepper motor control.
    Cancel
  • Harshad Italiya

MemberDec 25, 2011

Oh! Then we can put one sensor in stearing and have you any idea how will you modified headlight? You need to install some stepper motor control.
    Cancel
  • Suresh Manickam

MemberDec 26, 2011

godfather
    Yes you got me, that's what my idea is all about. I want to know what sensor to put on the steering wheel?
    Cancel
  • Harshad Italiya

MemberDec 26, 2011

Accelerometer is one option which gives you x-axis movement based on stearing rotation or we have place some IR sensors array as you have to get the angle at which car is getting turn.
    Suresh Manickam
    Yes you got me, that's what my idea is all about. I want to know what sensor to put on the steering wheel?
    Cancel
  • Suresh Manickam

MemberDec 26, 2011

godfather
    Accelerometer is one option which gives you x-axis movement based on stearing rotation or we have place some IR sensors array as you have to get the angle at which car is getting turn.
    Can you please be more clear, is it the only best way?
    Cancel
  • Harshad Italiya

MemberDec 26, 2011

Suresh Manickam
    Can you please be more clear, is it the only best way?
    I give you suggestion only. As per my point of view this is best. Now its upto you only.
    Cancel
Home Channels Search Login Register