Need help about the Intrinsic carrier density and conductivity.

I have tried again and again but never get the answer! Please help me out here.
Given the forbidden band width of Si is Eg=1.21-4.1x10^-4*T [eV], find the Intrinsic carrier density and conductivity. Temperature is 300K, effective mass of electron is 1/3 of rest mass, hole is 1/2 of that, and the mobilities of electron and hole are 0.18m^2/Vs, 0.05m^2/Vs respectively.

The answers are 5.5x10^15 [m^-3] and 2.0x10^-4 [S/m]. I need the solution to get the answers, please.

Here's the formula that I used,
Photobucket | The safer way to store your photos

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

I went through all the 'oldie' IIT websites - which are supposed to be the mecca of engineering in India and was disappointed to notice that most of the websites...
my laptop has a metal body...sometimes i feel shocked when i touched particular portion of my laptop..and it is not so frequent..what might be the reason behind this..is this happenning...
why are we using only 5volts or 12 volts as voltages for the electronic appliances???
Get ready for affordable and fully electric car in soon to going to launch in India now. Expected price is going to be INR. 12Lakhs (cardekho(dot)com) . Quick specs: Top...
Between parallel universes and alien life, many of us science fiction geeks have never really cared to consider the possibility that 100,000 years later we could still be in our...