NAIST announces i3Space technology - Review

Japan’s National Institute of Advanced Industrial Science and Technology (AIST) just announced this new technology that they have been working on. Dubbed i3Space, this will allow people to experience 3D on their television sets in a way they have never done so before.

Six motion-detector cameras are used to monitor the viewer's fingers and tiny clips attached to their index fingers vibrate when they 'touch' an image.

A spokesman said: "This system recognises the user's behaviour and offers tactile feedback and the illusion of using the tactile sense of force. It is the first time you can feel images in the air."

The team believes i3Space could be useful for surgeons to practise techniques before an operation and also has great potential in gaming. Perhaps one day it could even make a Star Trek-style 'holodeck' a reality.

Just imagine how awesome your gaming experience will be if i3Space were supported by your favorite gaming platform? 😀

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

I read in newspaper that, Software companies are finding that a rising number of engineering and management graduates are transferring their affections to vocations such as manufacturing and banking -...
hey any one please help me with my topic that is VEHICLE IMMOBILIZATION SYSTEM. i need info about remote controlling a vehicle, immobilizing it and gps tracking of the same.
Obviously, the choice depends on personal taste; however, I need information on difference between LED TV & LCD TVs. From what I've gathered by reading few articles on the Internet...
Hiii everyone , i am not too late here but a late here to introduce myself, actually i was not knowing about this section of introduction, Well I "Guess its...
nw i hd gud knowledge how to desing a ckt on pcb..i need a project idea with software (microcntrl base).